Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2007 5:02:44 PM EDT
Live in North Seattle.

Might get a job in Olympia.
Girlfriend lives with me and works in downtown Seattle.

What's a good "half-way" point to live in?

What's a good "45min-1hr away from Olympia" point?

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My parents live in Auburn. My mom works in north Seattle and it takes her about an hour(depending on traffic) to get to work. I live in Lacey and it takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to get to their house.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
depending on your start time @ work.  I live in Lacey, work in Tacoma.  If I have to start work at 6:30 I need to leave the house by 5:50.  If I start at 8:00 I need to leave the house by 7:00.  I wouldn't suggest living any further than Tacoma if you plan on working in Oly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Tacoma or Fife is probably a good mid point.  You will have the easier time of it than your girlfriend because you'll be going opposite traffic during rush hours.  South of tacoma, everyone is going north into Tacoma.  North of Tacoma, both sides of the freeway are backed up by people going to both Tacoma and the Seattle area.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]
From Kent.....

Oly is about an hour
Seattle is 25-60 minutes depending on traffic

You cross out of King county once you pass Federal Way which is something to consider.  You may still find some reasonable housing in the Tacoma area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top