Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 12:14:44 AM EDT
I went to college in Phoenix, lived right on the edge of Glendale (35th and Peoria) from '98 to 2000. Loved every minute of it.

A job oppurtunity came up at Channel 15, and I'm going to shoot for it. Even if I don't get it, I have plenty of other job options down there.

I feel that a change of pace and scenery would do me a lot of good.

So! Questions and Answers time!

CCW Recrocipity? Is my Nevada permit recognized and valid in Arizona? Is the Maricopa County Sheriff still a douchebag (ha, knew the answer to that one before I even asked!)?

Does Maricopa have a 'Blue Card' program like Clark County? Because that action is some bullshit of the straight-up, buster-ass variety.

Is the Southwest Corner (south of the 10, west of the 17) still a demilitarized zone? Man, I got lost there once, and was never so glad in my life to see those dirty apartments and run-down warehouses around Indian Schools.

How's the expansion past the 202? Did they ever get the 303 finished?

Does the town still have a high chicken to duder ratio? Last time I was there, the place was just plum flooded with sexy little co-eds, all needing some mus-scles to wrap around them like a set of steely pythons.

When I was going to school, I had an apartment in walking distance of Metrocenter, I think we (there were six of us in a two bedroom - good times) were paying only $550 or $600 / mo. for the place. Apartments.com says that I can expect to pay between $375 and $500 a month for a studio. Have rent prices really gone up that much in the last half-decade?

Any and all info you can give me would be much appreciated, and I hope I can become a welcome addition to the Arizona Team.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You talk too much.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You talk too much.

Very helpful.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, the NV permit is a grey area as to whether it is acceptable in AZ.

For instance, the wording in the law states something to the effect of "Nevada requirements for CCW permit appear to meet the standards held in AZ"

Utah's IS allowed without question, but in regards to it the law reads just a little different, something more like this "Utah requirements for CCW permit do meet the standards held in AZ"

That's not word for word, you'll have to look it up to know for sure but you get the idea.

Also, if you become a resident, IIRC your out of state permit will not be honored. You are required to get an AZ permit if you live in AZ. That is my understanding anyways.

Pretty sure Maricopa doesn't have any lame blue card registration for handguns. You can't CCW in a bar though, unlike NV. Also, our governor is a liberal-dyke, unlike NV.

Don't know what rent is like but house prices have risen similarly to what Vegas went through. Not quite as high as Vegas, but close.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You talk too much.

Very helpful.

Thanks, fr00t!

Did you accidentally make this reply under your "REAL" account?.  Or are you just trolling the AZ forum?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You talk too much.

Very helpful.

Thanks, fr00t!

Did you accidentally make this reply under your "REAL" account?.  Or are you just trolling the AZ forum?

No, I knew that my buddy would be over here asking questions and I was curious how that turned out. But your great attitude and personal attack have really brightened my experience.  Meansteve can be a real douchebag, so I guess he'll fit right in over here on the AZ forum.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#6]
oh the horror!!! another unwarranted personal attack...

puh-lease....

... on a side note...

your permit is only good if you're a nonresident. If you have by any means establish what could be considered residency and you get caught with an out of state permit then you're screwed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I had god powers so I could smite every cheese dick that ever cried "personal attack".
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I wish I had god powers so I could smite every cheese dick that ever cried "personal attack".

then we would never have "limp wristing" as an excuse for a FTE
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#9]
So calling someone a fr00t is a polite way of carrying on a conversation? As I said, meansteve will get along just fine with you all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Mean Steve,

I haven't the effort to engage in the pissing match online, so I sent you my phone number.  Call me and I'll tell you what I know where we won't get disrupted.  

IM inbound
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Hurry back.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd love to come back to Arizona, if only for awhile. I've yet to hear from my college's career councilor guys regarding placement.

I've been a dang pizza driver for the past three years though, that should at least get me a gig at any of the fine fast food establishments that dot the landscape like pimples upon the ass of a sedentary stoned teenager.

I have a college degree!!!!

Another thread said the guy that operates Cavalry Arms lost one of his homeboys to like JoeKen or Vulcan or somebody lame. I wonder if he needs help..?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You talk too much.

Nice response to give to a guy looking for help.

Aren't you the guy that dissed me when I came here looking for help a few months ago when I was getting ready for a visit to the good State of Arizona? Yea that's right, I remember you, you disrespected me for no reason other than to spew bullshit. What is MeanSteve supposed to do, ask one question at a time to get his post count over 15K?

After you dissed me, several of the AZHTF members IM'd me and offered an apology (on your behalf) along with a place to stay, hot meals, cold beers and invitations to go shooting. I would have taken them up (less the place to stay) but I was traveling on business and my time was limited so I couldn't accept any of the gracious offers. That's more than I can say for you.

I'm not trying to start shit here, but if you are the flagship representative for people needing help before traveling or moving to Arizona, the AZHTF needs a new spokesperson.

Lighten up and have some respect, because you never know who might be moving to your neck of the woods. You yourself might need help with something some day only to find a smart ass that has nothing better to do than diss people.

To the good people of the AZHTF that have respect and can separate Internet bullshit from helping someone in need I send good greetings and tip my hat. To the dissers all I can say is what goes around comes around, and the shoe never fits quite right when it's on the other foot.

MeanSteve: Call me and I will tell you everything you need to know about your rights and responsibilities regarding gun ownership and CCW in Arizona.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#16]
See, this is what I love about the Nevada Board. We're like family. Even if we don't agree on certain topics, we all got one anothers' backs.

Bob, Joe, thanks guys. I appreciate your covering my six.

When I head down that way, Joe I'll make sure to take the time out of my trip to qualify with you so I can, upon arriving in Phoenix submit my paperwork to the MCSO.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#17]
NP MS on watching your six,

Let me know when you get settled in AZ, and I will accomodate you for your AZ CCW permit. Unfortunately due to Arizona law I must conduct the entire CCW course on AZ soil, therefore I can't do it in Nevada.

I will be doing a couple of classes a month in AZ, so I am sure that we can hook up and get you squared away once I know where you will be living.

Be Safe Bro.

Joe
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
See, this is what I love about the Nevada Board. We're like family. Even if we don't agree on certain topics, we all got one anothers' backs.

Bob, Joe, thanks guys. I appreciate your covering my six.

When I head down that way, Joe I'll make sure to take the time out of my trip to qualify with you so I can, upon arriving in Phoenix submit my paperwork to the MCSO.

We are like family, just a family that bitches each other out over EVERY LITTLE thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top