Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2013 9:31:01 AM EDT
We are hearing that some legislators are pushing for a public hearing for the gun control laws being proposed for emergency certification.

Nothing is etched in stone, but we are told that such a hearing could come as soon as this Friday.

If you wish to testify at what arguably could be the most important public hearing be prepared to do so on short notice.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard an interview with Ron Pinciaro, Executive Director of CT Against Gun Violence on WPKN's counterpoint last night, says they are holding a press conference at the capitol tomorrow (wednesday, though its on on their site - http://www.cagv.org) to demand a vote.  They are absolutely playing into an e-cert scenario.  He claims that all the lawmakers are 100% behind universal background checks and an AWB, but the sticking point is grandfathering hi cap mags.  He and his group demand they be sold out of state and that gun owners are only 16% of the state's population and that the voters are on their side.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I heard an interview with Ron Pinciaro, Executive Director of CT Against Gun Violence on WPKN's counterpoint last night, says they are holding a press conference at the capitol tomorrow (wednesday, though its on on their site - http://www.cagv.org) to demand a vote.  They are absolutely playing into an e-cert scenario.  He claims that all the lawmakers are 100% behind universal background checks and an AWB, but the sticking point is grandfathering hi cap mags.  He and his group demand they be sold out of state and that gun owners are only 16% of the state's population and that the voters are on their side.

16% can do lots of voting damage. I personally think it's a larger percentage.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Gun owners actually vote.

Heard a dem senator on Rowland's show yesterday say that the sticking points were standard capacity mags and the AWB.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes gunowners may only be 16% of the total state population but even some non gun owners know what forced sale of rightfully purchased property is,Ron Pinciaro never met a statistic he could not make up or twist to benfit his view.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gun owners actually vote.

Heard a dem senator on Rowland's show yesterday say that the sticking points were standard capacity mags and the AWB.

Yup don't listen to Ron. He is a lying POS
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
This whole fast track thing is utter bullshit.  There is no rush and they know it.

The dem senator on Rowland's show the other day said they should have public hearings on anything that comes out - they must be getting hammered by pro 2nd people.  Have to keep the pressure on.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It is Malloy and his cronies pushing this shit...You here him today in DC saying he doesn't care if it is bi-partisan we will have an AWB and wants changes on ammunition purchases...Though I will continue to fight I think we are so fucked...
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is Malloy and his cronies pushing this shit...You here him today in DC saying he doesn't care if it is bi-partisan we will have an AWB and wants changes on ammunition purchases...Though I will continue to fight I think we are so fucked...

To quote "The Gunny"

"the kinda guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach around"
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Frankly, I think the depth and breadth of the resistance to all of this caught them all off guard.  No doubt they thought this would be a slam dunk.

I suspect there is more going on behind the scenes than we know.  Granted, plenty of RINOs in this state will happily negotiate away our rights, but there are some real Rs that won't.

There cannot really be a bipartisan AWB.  Anyone R who votes for an AWB isn't an R.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Got a call from Kathy from Senator Len Suzio's office asking if I'd be interested in coming up to the Capital on Friday for a press conference regarding the States Early Release program which has so far set 8500 felons free, most without sponsors or parol officers asigned. I called back expressing my deep interest in joining but explained that this ECert bull sh!t might be on the same day and I recommended that the two of our causes join forces because if we look at it...the Libs want our guns and freedoms, yet they repealed the death penalty RIGHT AFTER Dr. Petit's cases ended for the violent murders and rape of his family which he barely survived... and then, thanks to Mike Lawlor who is Malloy's  Under Secretary for Criminal Justice Policy and Planning... released thousands of convicts including murderers, arsonists, rapists, pedofiles, kidnapping and countless others.

What say you? What better causes can we ask for...and on the same day? Sign the petition to Malloy to repeal early release;http://ctsenaterepublicans.com/2012/07/sign-my-petition-to-suspend-the-early-release-program/

Heres just a couple of violent and perverted crimes committed right after a few were released; Joseph Mabery, a convicted rapist recently released from prison allegedly pleasured himself on a city bus in front of a 14-year-old girl. Joseph Maybery has 28 convictions including ones for sexual assault and burglary among other violent crimes, and he is list on the State of Connecticut Sex Offender’s Registry
Frankie Resto allegedly shot and killed a convenience store owner, even after he gave him the money. Last month, Kezlyn Mendez allegedly shot and killed a convenience store clerk in East Hartford. Both men were released early.

Without parole officers and sponsors...who the hell knows where these people are now or what they're up to?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top