Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/30/2003 2:37:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2003 12:57:57 PM EDT by green18]
I made a deal to buy a pre ban AR from IYAOYAS467(Josh Mayo) and checked him out as much as I could with the resources here and was confident since he's a member. Now he e mailed me that he got my funds(USPS MO)on SAT. 10/18/03 and I last heard from him Monday 10/20/03 and he claimed he was taking the rifle to his FFL on Tuesday the 21st for shipping. I was getting a little worried yesterday(WED.) and called his FFL in TX. and they informed me that they knew who he was but that he had not brought any rifle recently for a transfer and in fact still owed them money for the last transfer they did for him. Now this guy,IYAOYAS467 has not returned my IM's or e mails and I also searched for any other activity he's had and found another buyer who paid him for a M18 pack and has not heard from him or gotten any recent response. I am a very understanding person and can envision a lot of circumstances that could theoretically happened to legitimately held up the shipment of the rifle but I am also not a fool and want to know what you guys think I should do next. Since I paid with a postal money order I can contact the federal postal investigative service and at some point this becomes mail fraud and I may be able to claim that the money order was stolen and recover the funds and I'm also wondering if since this guy sent me a picture of the gun INCLUDING serial number if at some point the ATF may be involved. I did check his mailing address and the street he gave me does exist in Fredericksburg,TX but at this point I'm getting worried and pissed and feeling foolish. I hope he surfaces with a real good explanation for all this since I really would like to have the rifle but at this time I have major bad feelings about this. What do guys recommend before I call in the authorities and maybe ask the Texas boys for some help.

THANKS

TIM
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:42:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 12:54:55 PM EDT
Still no communication from this guy! Another member "Rallywagon" also has paid for an item and not recieved it or heard from the seller.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:42:47 AM EDT
Green it sucks when a deal goes bad. I'd go to the post office and see what could be done about it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:48:41 AM EDT
At this point I think my best option is to contact the US postal service and let them go after the guy since he basically stole my money order and utilized the mail to do it. At the least its a form of mail fraud and the USPS does offer some kind of protection against stolen money orders. I still hope that someone in TX. can find this guy and put the heat on him to ship the rifle or send back the money but I'm sure the money's already been burned up.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 1:38:45 PM EDT
Tim,

Sorry to hear about your transaction gone bad. Have you considered getting a few of of our Texas members to call or pay him a visit and inquire as to his intentions...Also, call the local Sheriff's Office in his hometown. If its a relatively small town they may pay him a personal visit. Good luck..
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:58:14 PM EDT
BREAKING NEWS!
I just called his FFL again and they informed that minutes ago Joshs' father dropped off a rilfe for shipping to my FFL! The fellow at Dry Creek Sporting Goods told me that Josh' father paid him for all the money that he owed him and that the rifle will go out tomorrow! He went on to say that "Josh is not a very reliable young man"! Keep your fingers crossed and I'll update you as I have more news.
Thanks so much to all my brothers in Texas who so generously have helped out and when I am in Austin next March for a wedding I want to get together buy all you guys a few drinks!!!!!

Tim
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:00:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:07:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By green18:
BREAKING NEWS!
I just called his FFL again and they informed that minutes ago Joshs' father dropped off a rilfe for shipping to my FFL! The fellow at Dry Creek Sporting Goods told me that Josh' father paid him for all the money that he owed him and that the rifle will go out tomorrow! He went on to say that "Josh is not a very reliable young man"! Keep your fingers crossed and I'll update you as I have more news.
Thanks so much to all my brothers in Texas who so generously have helped out and when I am in Austin next March for a wedding I want to get together buy all you guys a few drinks!!!!!

Tim

Umm..since there is an offer for free beer for all participants, I used a few 'connections' to get this thing resolved for you. I wouldn't lie about that, just to get free beer either.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:12:30 PM EDT
I'll get the exact dates but I definitely will be in Austin in March for a wedding(ughh)and would love to brighten my stay there up by getting together with some of you guys and showing my appreciation for all you support and help! Beers on me!!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:05:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/5/2003 6:42:27 AM EDT by Balzac72]

Originally Posted By green18:
I'll get the exact dates but I definitely will be in Austin in March for a wedding(ughh)and would love to brighten my stay there up by getting together with some of you guys and showing my appreciation for all you support and help! Beers on me!!!!

Dude, you have no idea about the can of worms you just opened! Atleast this is all resolved, and we'll have a new toy at the range.

TRG is a tool!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:30:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Balzac72:

Thanks TRG!

I do hope that you undestand that my post was made in jest (note the wink).

TRG
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:42:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:

Originally Posted By Balzac72:

Thanks TRG!

I do hope that you undestand that my post was made in jest (note the wink).

TRG

What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:39:27 PM EDT
Thanks for all the help and moral support! It's finally here!

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:20:24 PM EDT
Glad everything worked out for you! Nice rifle.

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:29:06 PM EDT
Top Top