Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2007 3:35:32 PM EDT
Finishing up my degree at Eastern Virginia Medical School (Norfolk, VA).  Estimated relocation time is AUG 08.  Army may be sending me to Fort Bragg (keeping my fingers crossed).  Just wanted to get an idea of places to shoot, local gun shops, etc.  Thanks in advance for any info provided.

-Doc

ETA:  Any info on school districts, places to live, and places to avoid would be greatly appreciated as well.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a rod & gun club on Bragg with two sets of 100yd lanes. there are several local gun and pawn shops but many have very overinflated prices. Shooters Supply on Bragg Blvd is one that I've heard good things about. As for places to live I'm out in Reaford which gives me a 20-25 min drive into the office, it's far enough out to be quiet but still close enough that the drive into Fayetteville for the mall and such is short.

Toad
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I will 2nd Shooters, they are a great bunch of guys. I use Jeff at Ace Pawn for my transfers. He is a good guy too. Most of the schools are pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:24:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, I think you will like thew bragg area. I shoot on post at the rod and gun club, I believe they just upped their membershipt to 30 bucks a year for the range. Its not bad at all they are closed on mon and tues. open the rest of the week. Shooter supply is a good place to go and so is ed's in vass. I live north of the post on 87N. Like 15 minutes from the post and (HOSPITAL on post) and it is a quite neighborhood and close to town.. I am PCSing my self and will be renting or selling my house and would like to rent to military or just sell it......I would try to stay away from fayetteville area just because of the shure traffic (TONS).................
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Wife has been doing some research and she wants to live in the Jack Britt School District (wherever that is).  As far as a house, we are trying to find one with at least 5 bedrooms (close to 3000 sq. ft.).  We have a large family.  Nearby malls and outlets are a must according to Household 6.

Thanks all, for the input on places to shoot.  I'll have to check those places out.  Me and the wife plan on doing a recon this month while I'm on break.  I was there for training many moons ago and have totally forgotten how the area looks.  I'm sure it has changed since then.

-Doc
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Jack Britt are suppossed to be awsome, 5 bedrooms is not hard to find but they are not everywhere. The jack Britt area should suffice for the mall scene. North of post is kinda rural but not far out eigther but town is a lot further out. Good luck on your move, I am heading to england.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Jack Britt are suppossed to be awsome, 5 bedrooms is not hard to find but they are not everywhere. The jack Britt area should suffice for the mall scene. North of post is kinda rural but not far out eigther but town is a lot further out. Good luck on your move, I am heading to england.

Thanks for the info.  Good Luck as well.  I've had a chance to serve and train with some of the Brits...really nice blokes.  Don't forget to bring an umbrella .

I'll start asking questions about CCW and Class 3 issues as I get closer to PCS'ing.

-Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top