Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2008 8:32:11 PM EDT
...was apparently having some kind of exercise in my work parking lot when I left work at 8 PM. One of the dogs barked when I walked out of the lobby. I've never been afraid of any dog but I must admit I had a tingle run up my leg (used without permission) at the thought of that one dog breaking free from the K9 handler and the other four following suit.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Stand your ground and mean it, you'd probably be surprised of the outcome.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot it!

Hey.. works for them right?
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
If the dog did attack you then you would be a rich man
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not really. I am not a sue happy libtard.

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

good call on the not being a sue happy libtard....just shake it off and chalk it up as good training for the K9 unit, its not like you dont have 2 arms.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easily said until you have a Malinois hanging off your nutsack...

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

that funny because sombody sued us over 1,000,000 bescause she broke a finger, we also had to put the dog out
i would have put her out if it was my choice
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

One thing to remember is to never run from one.  Their prey drive is outrageous and even a malinois puppy will do some serious damage.  My 10 month old has brought me down a couple of times while jogging.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah....you lemme know how that works out for you!!  I've put the bite sleeve on for my dept's dogs before....they got some power, and with the bite sleeve they know its play time.....when they're on a track looking for a BG they know its for real and they are ALOT more aggressive.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree with this if its a normal dog....but I would think a police dog wouldn't share the same idea with all their training.  luckliy my experience with police dogs is very limited!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Do they train those dogs to keep attacking even if they have a big sucking chest wound?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:34:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do they train those dogs to keep attacking even if they have a big sucking chest wound?

I'd like to see you try to draw and fire before it got ahold of your hand or arm.  Inside 35 feet the Malinois would dominate.  

You would be surprised at their drive and determination they have.  There is no doubt that if they felt their handler or owner was in danger they would fight you until they expired.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to see you try to draw and fire before it got ahold of your hand or arm.  Inside 35 feet the Malinois would dominate.  

You would be surprised at their drive and determination they have.  There is no doubt that if they felt their handler or owner was in danger they would fight you until they expired.  

I agree.  They won't stop.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#15]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc5P8n3LRak&feature=related

Seeing how some of you shoot, my money is on the dog...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't say anything about shooting and they were over 35 feet away.

Some of you folks sure don't seem to have much confidence in man vs. beast.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say anything about shooting and they were over 35 feet away.

Some of you folks sure don't seem to have much confidence in man vs. beast.

Its not that we don't have confidence it just that some of us have experience with the breed.  

Everyone of us has experience with dogs in general but the drive the Malinois have is unreal.  They don't stop, won't back down, and are not intimidated by anything.  Its also the only dog that makes my Jack Russel Terrier look passive.  

Next time your walking by a K9 car take a look in the back and take note of the bite marks on the metal.  You will notice that there isn't any soft objects left and that all the metal surfaces are covered in pock marks.

That said they make good pets and companions.  They are a bit leary of strangers but once introduced are friendly.  On the other hand I'd hate to be the dude who broke into my house.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top