Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:58:14 AM EDT
I searched through the threads here, but couldn't find anything about local places to have work done on my AR-15.  I looked through the tacked thread Oregon Information Page, but didn't see anything for AR-15 armorers/gunsmiths.

Any good places in the Portland area to have AR-15 work done?  Various types of things like adding a new collapsible stock, recontouring a barrel, threading a barrel, etc.

Thanks for your help, I look forward to reading what you more experienced guys have to say.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Phoenix Armory in Oregon City  pretty much specializes in AR15 sales and gunsmithing.

Don't know about barrel recontouring but the guy makes his own suppresors and will thread barrels so maybe he could recontour a barrel...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I searched through the threads here, but couldn't find anything about local places to have work done on my AR-15.  I looked through the tacked thread Oregon Information Page, but didn't see anything for AR-15 armorers/gunsmiths.

Any good places in the Portland area to have AR-15 work done?  Various types of things like adding a new collapsible stock, recontouring a barrel, threading a barrel, etc.

Thanks for your help, I look forward to reading what you more experienced guys have to say.

Turn on e-mail and/or IM so I can send you a phone number. BSW
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
christ0ph:  Thanks for the information on Phoenix Armory, I've been to their place a couple of times.  I'll check them out.

briansmithwins:  Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll check out Phoenix Armory first.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you need done?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Cape_hunter:   I don't really have anything planned right now.  However, I purchased my AR-15 during the AWB, so I am kind of thinking of adding a telescoping stock sometime down the line.

I was kinda hoping to find the next best thing to having a local ADCO... someplace where I could take my AR-15 in for any kind of work I could think of.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Cape_hunter:   I don't really have anything planned right now.  However, I purchased my AR-15 during the AWB, so I am kind of thinking of adding a telescoping stock sometime down the line.

I was kinda hoping to find the next best thing to having a local ADCO... someplace where I could take my AR-15 in for any kind of work I could think of.

I ask as Most of us here can do just about anythign needed to ARs.
About the only thing I am not set up for is threading, but that is just a call away.
I am far from the only one here that is MORE then able to work on the AR. They are kinda the 350 of the gun world.

If you think of anything, just ask. If there is a tool for ARs out there, we have it!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Cape_hunter:  Cool, thanks for the offer.  I'm nowhere near the stage to modify my AR on my own... I'm still getting comfortable with my rifle and breaking it in.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cape_hunter:  Cool, thanks for the offer.  I'm nowhere near the stage to modify my AR on my own... I'm still getting comfortable with my rifle and breaking it in.

Well I urge you to start attending practical rifle at TCGC. Lots of local arfcommers attend. Good times to be had!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top