Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 8:26:19 PM EDT
Will anybody be shooting in the pistol/rifle match in Poplarville this Sunday? I'd really like to go but don't want to if I won't know someone there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there for a few minutes before the match. Can't shoot it this month, wirh I could, cause I love rifle. Come on out. BW
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I've just about decided I'm going to go to my range and work on my 100-200 yard shooting.  I really don't want to get there and embarass myself.  I'm going to try and make more definite plans for one of them this year though (I think the next rifle is in October)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
They won't be shooting 200 yds in Pop. Sunday. 90 yds at best. Me and a friend are the only ones dumb enough to set up a stage at 200. Lots of work.
Drop me a note if you want to get together. I may get up Saturday for a few minutes.
Take care, BW
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgive me for butting in but what type of range is there in Poplarville, MS?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

www.smsps.com/SMPSA.htm

They have USPSA matches.  I've been wanting to get up there for about six months but everytime I do my budy can't go.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Big gravel pit. Lets us run stages like no where else. How about a ravine that runs almost 100 yds long to set up a stage. 240 yds from a hill side, if you want to do the work. We also do night matches there with HG, rifle and shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
How much movement is done during a stage? What about things like prone shooting, dshooting from cover etc.

The next match is 10/2, anybody up for going.  As I said I'd really like to know someone there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#8]
We have a night match this Saturday, HG and shotgun. Next day macth is Sept. 11
If you want to check it out, drop me a note. I was up there today trying out a few rounds. I'm free Friday - Sunday
Take care, BW
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Well the thing I really want to try first is the rifle/handgun day match.  I think the next time they do that is 10/2.  I wish they would just do more three guns.  My shotgun is off getting refinished so it will be a while before I can do that.  I'll certainly talk to you before I go.  When you join up can you go to the range at other times?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:40:51 AM EDT
[#10]
We've been trying to get three gun going, not working out so far for various reasons. We may start to do them on Saturdays? before the deer season starts. Yes, once you join, you can go up there when you want to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top