Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2005 4:00:28 PM EDT
It's our job to deal with wild animals around the condos, including ferals and strays. The rule is to call animal control on any free running animals, provided we can catch them.

So today, a poor kitty cat gets run over in our parking lot and winds up with a compound fracture to it's left rear leg. LaBunny sits down and calls the number on George's tag but gets no answer. We were concerned about the poor kitty's suffering, so LaBunny called animal control. Animal control tells her to call 911. 911 tells her they can only pick up dogs and chickens and gives her another number at animal control. Animal control tells her to call PAWS, who tell her to dial 911.

We pick up the poor kitty and head for PAWS in Lynnwood. LaBunny goes inside after asking me to leave the car's A/C running so the poor kitty won't get hot. After about 20 minutes, LaBunny comes out, gets the kitty and disappears inside again, this time I notice she is crying (for the poor kitty).

PAWS took the poor kitty away after hitting on LaBunny for a donation. We wouldn't do that, since we're stuck doing this job for other people, it could get expensive.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you trying to help out the kitty. I am not a big fan of cats, but no animal should suffer needlessly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Hats off to ya for going the extra mile!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly, I thought I'd be up to my ass in recipes by now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#4]
We are a kinder, gentler Arfcom now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Kitty says "Thank you."

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry Bunny...

9-1-1 in our county is not for animal control probs in the county, Some small city's do handle their own...

In the County you have to call the Auditors office, and as you found out they do not deal with cats. They will do Farm animals ( Kinda like a few members of the Texas team)

Feral cats are getting to be a big prob in the urban areas, but in the rural areas, the coyotes seem to keep them at bay. If you ask me, I would have to take the sides with Sarg...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So today, a poor kitty cat gets run over in our parking lot and winds up with a compound fracture to it's left rear leg. LaBunny sits down and calls the number on George's tag but gets no answer. We were concerned about the poor kitty's suffering, so LaBunny called animal control. Animal control tells her to call 911. 911 tells her they can only pick up dogs and chickens and gives her another number at animal control. Animal control tells her to call PAWS, who tell her to dial 911.

PAWS took the poor kitty away after hitting on LaBunny for a donation. We wouldn't do that, since we're stuck doing this job for other people, it could get expensive.

Good man, I picked up my 15 year old golden lab/retriever mix from that very same animal shelter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]
"We don't need another cat, we don't need another cat,  we don't need another cat..."
We have three, all started out as strays, and a fourth is moving in, or trying to. We intend to give him a new home, all right, LSWs friend Kate has lost 2 cats in the last year and Freddy ("the Freeloader", for any Red Skelton fans) would fill the bill just fine--if he'd only come around when she's in town!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top