Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 6:06:51 AM EDT
So as I said in my previous post, I am from Ponca City, and we recently had to close our range due to new developments.  I saw the range thread, but didn't see anything anywhere near me.  Is there anyone that might know of a place semi close to me so I don't have to drive 2 hours to go shoot my toys?  I mean this is ridiculous.  Hopefully, they will come up with something in the next couple of months, but DAMN, I don't know if I can wait that long.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
It does indeed suck that they shut down our range. heard
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:19:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Ponca has/had a gun range?  

Is this the VFW or somewhere else?

What happened to the range you are referring too?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#3]
How is the Ponca area?  I was think of applying for a few pd jobs in the area.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to travel a bit, the is a place on Black Bear creek at a low water bridge  a little northeast of Perry.  It is off 77 HWY north of town.  Turn East at the Blue Stem reserve place and go two miles east over the railroad tracks and turn north at the intersection.  Go north until you get there.  Or, you can turn at the first dirt road north of the 77HWY bridge over Black Bear creek.  Go east a couple miles and go past Black Bear ranch and you'll see a dirt road headed south through the middle of some wheat fields.  The low-water bridge is about a half-mile down the road.  You can get there either way and no one will run you off.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Stillwater Rifle and Pistol Club has a nice range (shared with stillwater PD) around Lake McMurtry north-west of town, but it's members and guests only.  Good rifle and pistol shooting now.  The skeet range should be done by this summer; it'll be nice and I predict a membership bump when finished.  Rifle berms are at 50, 100, 150, 200, and 500 yards (a big gully prevents easy 250-450 yard berms).  They are having a steel, action/USPSA-type pistol match next Saturday morning and that'd be a good chance to see the range and shoot pistols along with a shotgun stage.  Cowboy action shooting has a montly match and monthly black powder type rifle target matches are just starting.  I'm hoping for more steel pistol matches but setup/teardown is alot of work and even having matches every other month will take more active shooters and help.  

PM me for the club sec. email address if seriously interested in joining.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Perry is building a range at the airport 6 miles north of town off 77 HWY.  They haven't started yet that I know of but they'll have one.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ponca has/had a gun range?  

Is this the VFW or somewhere else?

What happened to the range you are referring too?

A developer bought the land that was behind the range and is starting to build houses back there so they had to close the range for safety issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top