Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 12:37:26 PM EDT

Expressnightout/ Washington Compost asks:  "Do you think Newsweek's cover photo of Michele Bachmann is offensive?" (please leave link cold)

http://www.expressnightout.com/

I am not a Bachmann fan.  However, what "News-weak" did to her out of partisan spite is inexcusable - especially for any outlet claiming to be a source of news or employing journalists.  I'll go beyond offensive here and pronounce Newsweek's behavior to be unethical.

They should follow the lead of News of the World and just shut down in shame after what they were caught doing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if this was the baby hating photog Jill Greenberg.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh, they can print what they want.  Just one other thing not to buy or read ever
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
My first reaction was, "They still print Newsweek?"
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:02:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My first reaction was, "They still print Newsweek?"

This.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]
The wording might be strong, and certainly controversial.

But the picture?

Hey, if you don't want to look psycho, don't look psycho.  Maybe take a half-pound of that make up off.  Or at least get written in a contract that you can veto the picture the editor wants to use.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Did they actually manipulate the image?

Time did it to OJ during his trial.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did they actually manipulate the image?

That's a good question; I'm curious too.  Otherwise, the thread title is very misleading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top