Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2022 9:27:38 PM EDT
I meet with a group of old goats, from 6AM to 7AM, 4 to 5 times per week, for morning coffee.  Some of us are small business owners, some are retired managers who worked at factories and some are farmers who will never retire.

Politics has been the foremost topic of discussion for months on end.  One of the group, who has expressed support for Darren Bailey over the past few months, announced that he was not going to vote in the primary election today.  He is a retired Caterpillar supervisor, who decided today that he would not commit to anyone running for elected office.

I expressed my disconcert at his failure to fulfill his civic duty, and meet his obligation as a citizen, to vote in the primary election.  The consensus at the table, especially by military Veterans, was that he should vote, even if he votes exactly opposite of our choice of candidates for political office.

A lot of people fought and died to earn and preserve our right to vote.  Don't sit on your fat butt and do nothing, get out and vote!

If you failed to vote in the primary election, shame on you.  Get out and vote in November!!!!!!

Failure to vote, is a vote for failure.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:05:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Hear hear. It's the one scrap of representation we've got left, to throw it away seems foolish to me.

It could all very well be fixed. But that's no excuse not to try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top