Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:43:54 AM EDT
Any Colorado LEO's want to tell me what you see on your screen when you run my plates before a pullover?

One State Patrolman told me it only says, "Person of Interest". Someone else says it says that I am a CCW holder. And I have also heard that some local departments aren't informed.

The wife & I have been pulled over three times since getting our CCW's and the reaction was differnet every time.
1) CSP: He said I should have informed him that I had a CCW.
2) Local PD: Acted like I was a bad guy, did a visual search of the car and asked me where I was and where I was going.
3) County Sheriff: Could have cared less about my CCW, just gave me my speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:48:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 10:49:48 AM EDT by Yossarian]
I've got a ride along in about 2 hours....If you have not heard by tonight...I will log in and let you know

Edit: Oh yeah....stop driving so damn fast!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:26:30 PM EDT
i've always wanted to go on a ride-along.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:23:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 7:33:32 PM EDT by Lexington]
I've been pulled over approx. 3 times over the last 8 years that I've had CCW. In each case it was like my Get Out Of Jail Free card, like I was part of the Brotherhood.

Each LEO saw my CCW on his CCIC access, or I simply told them I had CCW. I did not receive a ticket in any of those encounters and I was easily bait for one.

A good one:
No license on my person, no registration, no proof of insurance, and speeding. LEO says, "I see you have CCW." Me: Yeah. Him: "Slow down and have a nice day." Shazam!

The best:
Driving at midnight through Jefferson County on my way to camping. My vehicle was LOADED with NFA stuff, I mean MG, SBR, and short shotguns. Sherrif pulls me over because I was going left of center to smooth out curves in the road as I was hauling my camper. I also tried to pass a guy but my gutless van couldn't do it and I had to back off.

I had no registration or proof of insurance, but the plates and insurance were actually current. The camper plates had expired over the winter.

LEO: Have you had anything to drink?
Me: No sir.
LEO: We are doing saturation patrols for drunk drivers and you were driving left of center and made a bad attempt to pass. Is it from the weight of the camper?
Me: Yes sir. Plus I come this way all the time and I know the road.
LEO: License, resgistration, proof of insurance please.
Me: Here is my license and CCW, but I cannot find my registration and proof of insurance.
LEO: Are you packing?
Me: No sir.
LEO: Why not? If you got it, pack it. OK, I'll be back.
(wait)
LEO: Thank you Mr. Lexington. Please drive safely and have a good weekend.

As far as I'm concerned CCW has put me IN with the right people.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:17:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Yossarian:
I've got a ride along in about 2 hours....If you have not heard by tonight...I will log in and let you know

The answer is Yes. The computer does show up the CCW.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:26:35 AM EDT
The data under you name I believe is called a Bolo. Thats how I have heard it but not sure on the spelling. Alteast for the CSPD system.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:07:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Yossarian:

Sorry, I had gone a decade w/o getting pulled over and then in three months, I was pulled over four times. Only one ticket, luckily, so I wasn't speeding that bad.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:58:00 AM EDT
I just took a training course from a LEO to get my CCW. He saud that it will come up as "Person of Interest." Then when they look at the details it says you have a CCW.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:17:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Xenogy:
The data under you name I believe is called a Bolo. Thats how I have heard it but not sure on the spelling. Alteast for the CSPD system.

BOLO = Be On Look Out
Top Top