Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 8:29:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF, whats the crime in trying to keep our firearms local. Maybe even a new friendship that can develop and go shooting together.
1GR, I see you respond to this but not my post on the Wa. State gear ????????
RedMan*
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
WTF, whats the crime in trying to keep our firearms local. Maybe even a new friendship that can develop and go shooting together.
1GR, I see you respond to this but not my post on the Wa. State gear ????????
RedMan*

It has been decided from the top that all sale ads belong in the E/E. I can understand why. If everyone just put their stuff for sale in the hometown forums, you would have to sort through a lot of states looking for stuff to buy.

If you put in the title of your for sale ad "WA" or "WA ONLY" it will be the first one I open when looking for stuff. If you don't want to go through the hassle of shipping a firearm out of state, just put in the ad "WA in-state sale only."
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
JAFO,
fair enough.
Unfortunately I saw another add and it looked like a good idea to try with our local bretheran first.
My mistake.
RedMan*
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
JAFO and 1Gun-  Just an idea but if we were able to search the EE forums by state might be the answer to this.  But doing that would require posters to put there state in there info, and I know some aren't willing to do that.  I know that I would rather in most cases prefer to purchase items from people in our own state.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not saying I disagree about it. It would be nice to have a way to search for local stuff for sale. It's just the rules as they are. We can't let people post for sale ads here, or other states' members would want to post in their forums, etc. Until the rule changes, and it may some day, just can't have them here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
1runrunner

For future reference would it fall outside of the rules to post in the Washington page a thread titled "link to rifle in WA for sale"  and only put a link to the EE thread?  

I'm still waiting on your answer to my Turkey hunting lesson question by the way.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not saying I disagree about it. It would be nice to have a way to search for local stuff for sale. It's just the rules as they are. We can't let people post for sale ads here, or other states' members would want to post in their forums, etc. Until the rule changes, and it may some day, just can't have them here.

Not trying to stir up the pot here but other state mod's are still allowing these types of posts.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree that it would be nice to search in state first for stuff for sale.

Come on nightsniper you like stirring the pot?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:52:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh man...look what I started...

Sorry 1GUNRUNNER, didn't know about this policy.
I'll post in the EE forum next time.

BRJ
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#13]
btt
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
btt

I will see your BTT and raise you a URL...

This link will do a WA state search of EE....

WA State EE Search Link

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top