Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:00:22 AM EDT
Pull in to the LJVM Coliseum this morning around 9:15 a.m. and find about 20-30 cars total.  A couple guys are milling around the parking lot with 2-3 rifles for sale.

No show - cancelled.  It was still advertised on at least one web site (the one here when you follow the Hometown links to gun shows).  When I visit the web site of the folks who put on the show, it no longer shows up.  It must have been cancelled recently

I ran around this morning trying to find all the goodies I wanted to sell/trade/barter.  Met a buddy and his daughters - we're all running later than we wanted to - only to find the show cancelled.

Mu buddy decides he has cash that he MUST give to someone in exchange for a gun, any gun, so we visit local gun stores and pawn shops.  Reminded why I prefer to shop at gun shows and private sellers.  Less BS.

Pawn shop has two used Mini-14's for $658 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Lady starts to yell at us and say she refuses to argue - if we want to order from Walmart and get junk, then go ahead.  My buddy asks here if she can guarantee that her rifles did not get purchased originally from Walmart!

She has no answer except that it's probably best if we leave her shop!  What a loser.

Pawn shop on South Main Street in Lexington, NC, near Christo's.  Maybe 300 long guns; all of them outrageously overpriced.

Oh well.  Guess I'll shop at AR15.com!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Heck I didnt even realize a gun show was scheduled for Winston-Salem today.  The fact they cancelled it though doesnt surprise me, I haven't been to one in Winston in about a year, but the last several I went to were lame and getting worse.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top