Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:55:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 8:01:50 PM EST by cc48510]
Please Delete. What happened to the delete button ???
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:08:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By cc48510:
I might be heading to Texas (Beaumont or Houston) tomorrow depending on what Ivan does. I was figuring on going North to Birmingham (AL) or maybe even TN, but now they're saying it'll take a few days to clear out and I don't want to have to drive back through lots of rain to get back home. My Boss mentioned he was heading to Texas, so I figure if I can't get back, he probably won't be able to either.

I have a Florida CWFL (Concealed Weapons & Firearms Lisence,) and if I remember correctly Florida and Texas have reciprocity. So, what would I need to know ? For example, where can you not carry ? Handguns only ? Can I carry my Auto Knife ?

Texas and Florida do have recoprocity. The auto knife, if it's something like a Ken Onion Leek made by Kersahw, then the knife is ok. If it's a switchblade, where the press of a button completely opens the knife, then no. If you have to move the blade to get it to open, it's ok.

Here's a link to the pdf file that has all the regulations. The restricted places are on page 34 of 67 of the pdf. PC 46.03 www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/ls-16.pdf

mm
Top Top