Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 3:59:15 PM EDT
Looks like everyone ditched classes at Skyline and Spruce. When I came back from lunch Dallas police was rounding them up, handcuffing a few, trying to keep them off 175. I flipped on the radio in my office and Skyline has done the same thing with cars full of kids swerving and driving on the wrong side of the road headed towards I30.

DPD is trying to tire them out by blocking them out of certain areas and turning them. Helicopters out. I kinda wanted to go home early, but I guess I need to stick around in case it comes our watch. We're only a few blocks from Spruce.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My old high school, Dallas Molina made the news yesterday about the same thing. If the atmosphere is still the same as when I went(2001-2005), which I'm certain it is, 95% of those students are just protesting to skip class. They could care less about the meaning of the protest. I'll be honest, if this happened when I was in HS, I'd probably be out there too. Anything to skip class!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a part of town I regularly avoid, moreso on a friday
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My old high school, Dallas Molina made the news yesterday about the same thing. If the atmosphere is still the same as when I went(2001-2005), which I'm certain it is, 95% of those students are just protesting to skip class. They could care less about the meaning of the protest. I'll be honest, if this happened when I was in HS, I'd probably be out there too. Anything to skip class!
View Quote

You notice most of the protest happen during school hours on school days
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
This has been happening around Austin also... Throw those dumb fucks in jail if they are blocking a public right of way.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This has been happening around Austin also... Throw those dumb fucks in jail if they are blocking a public right of way.
View Quote

Plus truancy
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#6]
They want more awareness, but really all I see is confirmation of what I already think about them. It's not helping their cause.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Luckily nothing of this stupid shit up here in Lubbock.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone mount a cowcatcher to their truck and clear them out at 50+ MPH
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They want more awareness, but really all I see is confirmation of what I already think about them. It's not helping their cause.
View Quote

And every time the OFA does this shit Trump gets more popular.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Bryan Adams H.S. too. Plus 100 in streets and yards of houses in area. Was listing to DPD North East channel right after school let out. At least one arrested. They were blocking roads and refusing police instructions to get out of streets. Cops everywhere then they backed down to see if they would disperse on their own. Stopped listing at around that point.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I bet the schools required them to go as a group as they don't have the man power to divide them all up and watch them.

And what kid is going to pass up on a free day out of school.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top