Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:36:36 PM EDT
I live in Uniontown near Akron. I was wondering if the almost 3 hour trip to Adco is worth it or should I just order the parts and pay the shipping? I now that the gas used will be more than the $4.00 shipping charge. My question is, is the showroom worth the drive or not? I like roadtrips if they are worth it. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I live in Uniontown near Akron. I was wondering if the almost 3 hour trip to Adco is worth it or should I just order the parts and pay the shipping? I now that the gas used will be more than the $4.00 shipping charge. My question is, is the showroom worth the drive or not? I like roadtrips if they are worth it. Thanks

Depends on how much you value your time. I live in columbus, and when I order from ADCO priority mail is overnight every time. So, if got the time to burn, go for it. But, 3 hours just to finger screw stuff, it all depends on 'long' you can go for
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything that takes you out of Uniontown is well worth it.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been there a few times.  Just so you know, when you walk in...DON'T expect a large showroom.
It's literallly the size of a bedroom...er, bedroom closet!  

It is packed full of MANY many many many goodies though.  Whenever I go, I go with a plan to buy a specific item.  Otherwise If I just start looking around, I'm afraid I'll end up spending more than I can afford to spend.  

I'd say it is worth the trip, If you don't mind the drive.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

B.S.

Lake Twp, Uniontown/Hartville is a nice place to live. I've lived in the area for 30 years.  

oxfordpony, since you are going that way, I suggest you take some time and go to Cabelas in Dundee, Mich. or The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Mich..
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for all the information. I like to make road trips. If the showroom is really that small I will just order the part I need this time. I will go out there when I have more time to kill and make a weekend trip out of it and go to a few other places. As far as Uniontown goes It sure beats the heck out of living in Akron for the first 33 years of my life.  The schools are great and so are the people. To each his own, I guess. I would like to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

B.S.

Lake Twp, Uniontown/Hartville is a nice place to live. I've lived in the area for 30 years.  

oxfordpony, since you are going that way, I suggest you take some time and go to Cabelas in Dundee, Mich. or The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Mich..

Hey man,  I've lived in the area for over 18 years.  I think I'm entitled to make a joke about it once and a while.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Where are you guy's located out here? I am over near Clearwater park. Maybe we can get together for a range day. I have a few places to go. Let me know.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I grew up over in Williamsburg,  my folks are still there.  I'm out in Suffield now.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I grew up in Springfield Twp.. I hung out in the Lake, Hartville, Uniontown area a lot and dated a Lake H.S. Cheerleader off and on back in 81/82/83.  Now I'm just across the Lake Twp border in Plain Twp. near N. Canton.

My Mother had a place in Springwater before she died back in 97.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:48:54 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 For making a roadtrip of it.  When you leave ADCO you are only about 20 min. from Cabelas and that combo is pretty cool.  When I went to ADCO I was a bit shocked at how small the shop was but the guys there were great and were very willing to help me out.  

Be sure to call them to make sure they will be open before you drive 3 hrs.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top