Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 2:44:17 PM EDT
I've got a job lined up that'll take me to Prescott next weekend (27-28 Sept.). Don't see any fun shows scheduled for Phoenix so I'll probably stay put in Prescott for the entire time I'm not working.

Can any of you provide me with the names and locations of places to legally shoot outdoors in the Prescott area and what restrictions there might be? There's got to be some place, right? TIA
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 1:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Hwy 69, east past Prescott Valley, near Dewey. Lots of acreage......
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for a proper range or just an open space? There's the Prescott Sportsmen's Club:
members.localnet.com/~madster/range.htm

As to un-monitored locations I don't know of any (but then I haven't looked either) since they're banning all shooting at around the quarry off of Granite Basin Road heading towards Skull Valley.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up in Dewey, it was a great place to shoot 20 years ago.  Now it's like the rest of northern Arizona: over run with Californians, East Coasters, Mexicans and assorted unwanted trash, garbage and new comers.

Look else where for some place to shoot.

Perhaps Catron County New Mexico?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
There's some kind of rifle range of Iron Springs Road west out of Prescott on confiscated US forest property.

I'll try to get to it during the week, and let you know.

Jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top