Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:47:28 AM EDT
This may seem like an odd question but my interest in firearms is by no means genetic, and definately not peer induced. In other words, I'm a newbie with no mentors.

Currently I drive 72 miles round trip to go shooting at a public outdoor shooting area, near the Tonawanda wildlife preserve(which is closer to Lockport than Tonawanda). As you can guess I don't get much 'range time'.

Where do you guys shoot? Indoor/Outdoor, paid/unpaid... makes no difference to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:18:40 AM EDT
That is probably the easiest, cheapest place around here....

There are some gun clubs you can join, some private shoots, things like that...when I want to shoot, I go to my buddy Mike Hammonds farm, which is near the wildlife area....

Come out to the Gunshow in Clarence, September 10 and 11 (not too long now)...its a good place to get to know some guys, I always set up next to Mike, he deals mainly in milsurps with a fair amount of AK's, some black rifles, PTR, FAL's....always something neat.

Look for the big "FREE NICS CHECKS HERE" sign, as he always does them for the promoters...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:23:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 10:23:45 AM EDT by lockedandloaded]
There are many paid membership gun clubs in the southtowns area. Whats your main shooting styles? Some clubs are more trap/skeet or pistol orientated. Not much beyond 200 yard range in the area. Here are a few off the top of my head:

Evans R&G in Evans/Angola area
Blasdell R&G in Hamburg
Holland R&G in Holland
Genesee Conservation in Holland
East Aurora R&G in E. Aurora
Zoar Valley in Springville

Top Top