Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/2/2009 11:43:32 AM EDT
A friend of mine and I have always wanted to get into shooting 50's, but don't have anywhere to shoot them. I have a small 50 yd range built at my house, but it is no where near enough of a backstop, or the range for a 50. The couple of other ranges that I sometimes frequent, don't allow 50's. So, before my friend and I would even think of sinking a bunch of money into a 50, I thought it might be a good idea if I knew of somewhere that I may be able to shoot one. My friend and I are in Licking County.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A place not to shoot is Millers Campground.......

Try out Thunder Valley up near Coshocton. It's owned by Tom Sarver and he knows his shite. I was amazed the first time I saw him hit a steel target at a mile.

His website is http://www.thundervalleyprecision.com/index.html
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Northcoast shooters, they host matches at military bases, including Camp Perry.  They have one coming up in late August/Early Sept, but unfortunately I'm out of town and can't go.  From what I gather, the matches are informal and a good place to learn.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top