Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 5:50:42 PM EDT
I am looking for a place to fish and maybe camp a few nights. I dont want something with hundreds of people in a park. Just some place secluded to camp at.

I am looking for a place to fish, Lapeer, Macomb Oakland Wayne, Monroe or Livingston area. Now I know some of you dont want to give up any good fishing spots. I am looking to take a girl I have been seeing for awhile. She has never been fishing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Winter camping and ice fishing or would this be in the spring / summer?

Pinckney Rec Area in Washtenaw and Livingston Counties comes to mind.  Not sure if they have anything other than rustic camping, but there are areas that are pretty secluded, and a number of lakes to fish.  I have fished Silver Lake and Joslin Lake, and have been out on Patterson, Round, Watson, and Halfmoon.  I know Joslin and Silver Lakes have public access, Fourmile Lake is nearby and has public access I have fished there.

Brighton Rec Area has modern campgrounds and a couple of lakes to fish / swim in.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Holly Rec Area is one of my favorites for Metro Detroit. Closer to Flint actually. Right off I-75. Camp sites are pretty seperated but it does get alittle busy on the weekends. We ususally go during the weekdays. Couple differenet lakes and beaches.
Check out http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have anything to add.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Seven Lakes State park between Holly and Fenton. If you have a set of oars you can fish my private lake, has a ton of bass. Less than 2 miles from the park.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Jerry I may be getting in contact with you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Good fishing around chelsey and manchester.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Sixgun357, Check out Sleepy Hollow State Park, not only good fishing but you can also hunt.
Craig

areas.wildernet.com/pages/area.cfm?areaID=MISPSO&CU_ID=165
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top