Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 7 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/3/2010 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#1]
dugh isnt dat CAMP PERRY!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2011 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WileyCoyote:
Originally Posted By Gooch11B:
Hey guys.  I just got out of the army and moved back home.  I'm in Brookville, right in between Dayton and the Indiana border.  I'm having trouble finding an outdoor range.  I'm looking for a place that goes up to at least 100y and allows ARs and other bits that some ranges seem to dislike you shooting.  If it was a club that did IDPA/USPSA and such, and allowed rapid fire and targets other than paper that would be a huge bonus.  If they want slow fire paper targets only however, I can deal with that.

There's an indoor range in Vandalia that I've been to a few times, and although it's nice, the rifle range is fixed 100y and in a basement.  Not exactly a good place to shoot for a long amount of time.

Gooch, have you checked out these places?  

Miami Valley Shooting Grounds
Spring Valley Shooting Range

Spring Valley is an ODNR range, i has plenty of 100yd stations, a 50yd range, a 25yd pistol range, archery range, and shotgun range (throw your own clay).  Only thing is you must purchase either a "day pass", which is $5, or a year pass, which is like $25 - have to get it at walmart, discount drug mart, and probably any deer check station might sell them..

if you are looking the USPSA route, I think Miamisburg Sprotsmans Club does this (not sure if you have to be a member or not to participate)?

Can anyone comment on Spring Valley with regards to quality of the facilities and the environment? I'm looking for an outdoor range to practice and develop loads for my pistol/rifle that's fairly close to me. Do they allow handloads or even care? Black rifle friendly? Are there RO's to ensure no stupidity or is that a problem there?

Regards
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to the Stonewall range in Akron/Cuyahoga Falls yesterday.  Overall it's a pretty nice facility, kinda small (7 lanes) but well kept/lighted, etc.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 8:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SBR7_11] [#4]
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:

Can anyone comment on Spring Valley with regards to quality of the facilities and the environment? I'm looking for an outdoor range to practice and develop loads for my pistol/rifle that's fairly close to me. Do they allow handloads or even care? Black rifle friendly? Are there RO's to ensure no stupidity or is that a problem there?

Regards

Spring Valley supposed to be nice place,,, though I have not been there in over 13yr though. There is range Nazi, no rapid fire from what I hear. Spring Valley from Brookville is a good haul though..

Being close to Indiana... look at Old Trail Rifle and Pistol at 500 Beeson Rd (actual outdoor range location..  Very easy to get to from Eaton.. I have shot 6 subgun match there through the years.

I have Troy Fish & Game here, so I only have to drive 2 mile from house..

As to Miamisburg, I shot a ton of USPSA there on Monday night from 1993 to 2002, and on Sundays for USPSA match.. USPSA was open to non-member, club hosted to Matches.  Mondays was open too.  Over the last 7yr or so, they have revised the grounds layout for improvement.. I have not been there since April 2003..

I know there is some of the past Monday/Sunday crew here, they know who I am, and I can say they is a good bunch of people to be with, and they is good to help each other with problems they might have with pistol or ammo loading problems.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SBR7_11:
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:

Regards

Spring Valley supposed to be nice place,,, though I have not been there in over 13yr though. There is range Nazi, no rapid fire from what I hear. Spring Valley from Brookville is a good haul though..

Being close to Indiana... look at Old Trail Rifle and Pistol at 500 Beeson Rd (actual outdoor range location..  Very easy to get to from Eaton.. I have shot 6 subgun match there through the years.

Thanks. I'm outside Centerville, so Brookville and points west would be a haul. I'll check out Spring Valley when the weather breaks.

I have Troy Fish & Game here, so I only have to drive 2 mile from house..

As to Miamisburg, I shot a ton of USPSA there on Monday night from 1993 to 2002, and on Sundays for USPSA match.. USPSA was open to non-member, club hosted to Matches.  Mondays was open too.  Over the last 7yr or so, they have revised the grounds layout for improvement.. I have not been there since April 2003..

I know there is some of the past Monday/Sunday crew here, they know who I am, and I can say they is a good bunch of people to be with, and they is good to help each other with problems they might have with pistol or ammo loading problems.

Link Posted: 2/16/2011 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
This weekend I went to the Powder Room in Powell, Ohio.  What a nice place to shoot!  Really friendly, reasonable rates, no gun-shop arrogance.  I wish I lived closer so I could make it my regular range.
Link Posted: 2/18/2011 3:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mister_Sinister] [#7]
Hello, new here, looking for a rifle range in the Lucas/Wood County area.  Anyone know of any place in particular? Thank you. Also, I do already know about the Michigan Sportsman's Club in Temperance, however they're completely full and you can't get in without an invite.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mister_Sinister:
Hello, new here, looking for a rifle range in the Lucas/Wood County area.  Anyone know of any place in particular? Thank you. Also, I do already know about the Michigan Sportsman's Club in Temperance, however they're completely full and you can't get in without an invite.

If you are looking at Lucas/Wood county, then Adams Conservation Club is probably your best bet.  They have a 50, 100 and 200 yard rifle range.  They also have a rifle league made up of Adams and Southern Michigan members where they alternate shooting at each club every other week during the winter months.  That league has some shooters that are top in the nation and I've also been told they are good at helping new shooters too.   Other than the High Power league, Adams doesn't have a whole lot of rifle matches so the good thing about that is that the range is almost always available during normal hours.
www.adamsconservationclub.org   Adams web-site is out of date, so if you want more info a better place to start is probably the general email address [email protected]

If you want to go a little further out, Sandusky Sportsmans has a range that goes out to 500 yards. If you wanted to try the club out before you joined, they also have a lot of specialy matches which you don't have to be a member to shoot.  Downside to a lot of matches is less general range time avaialble for non-match shooting.  http://www.scsclub.org/

Both are good clubs with good people. Just depends on what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Moved near Greenfield/ Washington Court House. Have my own plinking range, but would like to find places that shoot:

- Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays
- Cowboy Action
- 3-gun/IDPA/Pistol/Tactical competitions
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SamW:
Moved near Greenfield/ Washington Court House. Have my own plinking range, but would like to find places that shoot:

- Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays
Hidden Haven south of Lancaster along 33 I think it is.. couple of us from work went there some 14yr ?? ago, had a major hoot doing Sporting Clays

- Cowboy Action
Cannot assist out that direction

- 3-gun/IDPA/Pistol/Tactical competitions
Look toward Pickaway Co Sportsman Club outside of Circleville ?? on 22 east of town

Link Posted: 2/25/2011 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know of any places close to the west side of Cleveland to shoot?  I found a place called Lorain Rifle and Pistol club but can't find out any information on it.  When I call it only says to write to the address listed.  I am looking for an outdoor facility to shoot handguns and rifles.  Anything over 100 yards for the range is a huge bonus.  Would also like to find a place that is friendly to NFA items such as SBR's and cans.  Not sure one exists without having to drive over an hour away.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#12]
does any one know of any places to shoot in the columbus area over 100 yards?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#13]
i live in pataskala i know of the new albany gun range,the powder room and one in lancaster but the lanes are not really long enough. i would like to find a outdoor range or gun club can anyone help me thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#14]
There are odnr ranges at deer creek and at delaware recreation area but they max at 100 yards
http://dnr.ohio.gov/wildlife/dow/regulations/shooting.aspx
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#15]
# i live in pataskala i know of the new albany gun range,the powder room and one in lancaster but the lanes are not really long enough. i would like to find a outdoor range or gun club can anyone help me thanks

Pickaway County Sportsmens Inc is on SR22 just east of Circleville.  I was a member years 25 ago when I lived in Reynoldsburg.  They have rifle pistol ranges, as well as trap for shotgun.  There are IDPA matches there too, see the links for more info, the next IDPA match is April 9th.  I don't know what it takes to join PCSI these days, the IDPA matches are open to non-PCSI members.  I am thinking if you shot IDPA there you could find someone to sponsor you as a member for PCSI then you could shoot at PCSI on your own.  No NFA at that range.

Pickaway County Sportsmen Inc
Central Ohio Defensive Pistol League

I should get back into IDPA myself so maybe I will start showing up to these matches.

If you're into shotgun sports the Johnstown Sportsmens Club runs nice sporting clays open to the public half the time, and for members only have the time.  Look in the Sunday Columbus Dispatch outdoors page for dates/times.
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#16]
New member here. Just got back home from active duty at Camp Pendleton. I have been doing some research and cant seem to find a good rifle range around the Stow-Kent area. Ive been to A&A a few times, but the ranges arent marked and its a bit of a drive. Anywhere closer?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys, I am moving to Wheeling, WV soon and am looking for ranges/shooting centers that have rifle/pistol and USPSA shooting in the OH, WV, PA area. I see the DNR ramges in the nearby Ohio counties, but are there any clubs in the area that have these amenities?

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a new shooter that is looking for a range over in London, Ohio area.  Everything looks like either travel to Dayton, or Columbus.  Any idea if the LEO range in London is available to civies?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 2:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet_Cannon] [#19]
Anyone know if deer creek is still flooded? I would imagine so, but I would love to get out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 3:06:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dharbolt] [#20]
Originally Posted By kneeds:
Anyone know if deer creek is still flooded? I would imagine so, but I would love to get out tomorrow.

Deer creek is still closed but delaware is open.
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wild_resourcessubhomepage/shooting_infolandingpage/shooting_ranges_default/tabid/17601/Default.aspx
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know anything about new carlisle sportsman's club in springfield? It looks like a nice little club, any insight would be great.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By tack87:
Does anyone know anything about new carlisle sportsman's club in springfield? It looks like a nice little club, any insight would be great.

I am a member of the board at NCSC.  It is a membership and guest only club.  Annual dues are $150.00 with a one time $50.00 initiation fee.  We currently have about 200 members with a relatively active rifle program. Most Saturday mornings are CMP type shoots (Prone, Sitting, Standing). with a variety of military rifles.  
The rifle range is 200 yards maximum, with 10 positions from 100 yards and shorter.  We have a single backstop that is shared by all (rifle and pistol).
We have one trap house

http://ncsportsmansclub.com/home.htm

Because of the neighborhood, rapid fire is discouraged.  We have had a few complaints, but thus far the county officials have been on our side.  
There is an e-mail link on the site, or my e-mail is [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#23]
OK so in the Dayton are we really only have Spring Valley, Vandalia R&A, and Miami Rifle and Pistol Club. Is that right?
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kozak:
OK so in the Dayton are we really only have Spring Valley, Vandalia R&A, and Miami Rifle and Pistol Club. Is that right?

Spring Valley
Vandalia Range
Laughorner (Springfield)
Miamisburg Sportsman - members
Sim-Trainer
Troy Fish & Game - members
Miami Valley Shooting Ground (I-70 / I-75 neighborhood). unknown requirements
Target World –– be cautious there
Piqua - members ??

Link Posted: 8/26/2011 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Live in Portage County - Rootstown area.  Up the road is Canton McKinley Pistol & Rifle Club - Any shooters here??? I plan on attending the high power rilfe matches this Sunday to check it out and grab an application.  Seems to be nice but wanted to get AR15 feedback from local regulars if possible. Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Just recently moved back to ohio and I live in West Chester, close to Cincinnati. Are there any ranges (aside from target world and Miami pistol rifle club) near me? Are there any places for 3 gun, IDPA or USPSA around me?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#27]
What is the rifle range at Troy? 100,200?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:16:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SBR7_11] [#28]
Originally Posted By thehawk13:
What is the rifle range at Troy? 100,200?

Troy Fish and Game is 100yd.

They just did some clean up and add dirt to berms to make taller and lose the shrubs and crap that made them FUGLY..

Fire line, 25 left, 50 middle, 100 hill,, hill was a cave, they fill it in and doze it

Zoom to 100yd

View from club lot across trap field

Zoom across trap field

You can go to Bing.com/maps, and look at property via birdseye view and see layout..
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SirDrinksAlot:
Just recently moved back to ohio and I live in West Chester, close to Cincinnati. Are there any ranges (aside from target world and Miami pistol rifle club) near me? Are there any places for 3 gun, IDPA or USPSA around me?

Middeltown Sportsmen Association. No 3 gun action going on but it's close.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 4:16:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fiver] [#30]
Anybody here a current member of Pickaway County sportsman club?

Whats the deal with the work points?  I see in the handbook that you need 100 to be an "Active" member.  What exactly does that mean vs. just being a "regular" member?

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Zaleski state park is closet I know to Athens/ Meigs. Otherwise careful shooting on private land in Meigs case u may stumble onto protected gold There is a club on route 2 parkersburg WV, but the range is limited to 100 yds and no targets with people images
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeestaSparkle] [#32]
For fiver's question:

I think all the work points do is get you cheaper yearly fees.  It's 150 a yr for non-active members, and 50 a year for active ones.  I live far enough away that it was too expensive with gas to be an active member.  As far as I know you don't get any special perks or anything for being active other than the discount.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By fiver:
Anybody here a current member of Pickaway County sportsman club?

Whats the deal with the work points?  I see in the handbook that you need 100 to be an "Active" member.  What exactly does that mean vs. just being a "regular" member?

I've been a member for several years.  A regular member pays his $150 fee each year and uses the facilities.  An active member only pays $50 per year, but works pretty hard mowing, repairing things, painting, cleaning up brass, building range shelters and target stands, etc.

dnh
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, Spring Valley is a good place to go for cheap. You may bring pistols there but, you have to shoot at the 25 yard range. (which on Sat, Sun and Holidays are FULL most of the time) 25 yards is the closest they have. You must bring your own targets and some of the staff there can be jerks at times. I've been there 3 times in the past year and 2 of the 3 times I left with a feeling of the range masters just want to play the "coltrol trip" roll. I've been shooting most of my life and know how to be safe and such but, they seem to talk down to ALL the people that are younger in age. (Im 28 years old) Also, some of the people there ask for a cease fire seems like every 10 minutes or so cause they want to save their targets after shooting a magazine or they can't see their target at the 100 or 50 yard range.  For 5$ you can't beat it, just expect that if you want to go to the 25 yard range you may have to wait in line. They have plenty of room at the 100 yard range at the pigeon range every time I've been there. Bring your own targets and they'll provide clothes pins and cardboard backing for you to pin or tape your targets to. Closes at dark.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#35]
It's still $5? I haven't been there in about 5 years...it's a great value for what it is.

OP, there is Fairfield Club and Miami Valley in Batavia. I haven't ben to either but Miami seems to get great reports and Fairfield just the opposite.

Originally Posted By greenwall:

Yes, Spring Valley is a good place to go for cheap. You may bring pistols there but, you have to shoot at the 25 yard range. (which on Sat, Sun and Holidays are FULL most of the time) 25 yards is the closest they have. You must bring your own targets and some of the staff there can be jerks at times. I've been there 3 times in the past year and 2 of the 3 times I left with a feeling of the range masters just want to play the "coltrol trip" roll. I've been shooting most of my life and know how to be safe and such but, they seem to talk down to ALL the people that are younger in age. (Im 28 years old) Also, some of the people there ask for a cease fire seems like every 10 minutes or so cause they want to save their targets after shooting a magazine or they can't see their target at the 100 or 50 yard range. For 5$ you can't beat it, just expect that if you want to go to the 25 yard range you may have to wait in line. They have plenty of room at the 100 yard range at the pigeon range every time I've been there. Bring your own targets and they'll provide clothes pins and cardboard backing for you to pin or tape your targets to. Closes at dark.

Link Posted: 2/25/2012 8:41:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecuritySam] [#36]

Found it.  100yrds.

What is the farthest that you can shoot at the ODNR range in Delaware?

Originally Posted By NuLook45:
In the franklin , Delaware ohio area there is the range in the state park cost 3 dollars a day or 20 bucks a year. then there is blackwing shooting club they have a indoor range for rifle ,pistol, shotgun and a 50 place skeet / trap range outside too as well as a store for everything you might need abit pricy in my book 10 bucks a day on the indoor ranges but its unlimited time as long as its not past there hours.
                     thx Jim

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#37]
SpringValley requires either a 1-day or 1-year range pass. $5/$24   They all expire in Feb. So plan accordingly. Mine is up in two days I have to remember to stop at Dicks or Wally world and renew.

Year is so worth it if you plan on going more that twice. Just for the convinience aspect.

The place is super nice and has been crowded lately. 100yd is usually slow. But not allways. I go allmost every weekend.

The staff is just fine. Follow the rules and you will be ok. Can you imagine all the fucktards they deal with all day long? You would be pissy in no time I'm sure.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Few weekends ago I shot at Rayner's Range in the southeastern part of the state.  It's off St Rt 83 south of Cumberland near the Wilds.  I don't know alot of particulars about the place, only got to shoot for a few hours.  They have several pistol, shotgun and rifle ranges.  Rifles, they have 100, a 200 to 400 area, and 500 to 1000 area.  They shoot 3 gun, IDPA and other pistol matches, and long range and sniper matches. Wasn't a high tech place by any means, had several covered shooting areas.  The shoot mostly steel targets on the rifle portion.  Nice people, we were the only ones there and seems that you can shoot whatever you want.  I'm told that it runs 15 or 20 bucks for the day of shooting.  I believe they have a website but haven't looked for it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#39]
When my trigger finger gets itchy, my brother, dad and I usually head out to Miami Valley Shooting Grounds. Then we leave after about 2 hours mostly from disappointment and kill joy range masters. The range wasn’t bad when it first re-opened my dad used to shoot there  back in the 70’s and he loved it and it closed for a while and then some retired cops decided to reopen the range.  My first trip out was in December of 2009.
All 3 of us had gotten Mosin-Nagants for Christmas.  It was just a desk with a cash register and some decent ranges a 50/100 yard rifle and like 10m pistol. After the word got out to the locals it started to fill up, which means no more fun. Most of the range masters are old crotchety men whom at the first sign of fun drop and iron fist on the fun.
The first time, my brother whom is trained Air Force/ and Army National Guard was partaking in a sustained ar-15 30 round mag dump , 3-5 round bursts off to the side of there precious target stands shooting at an old rubber tractor tire someone had placed down there. The range master hopped in his golf cart and zoomed over and proceeded to tell us that our shots where hitting the tire and ruining the target stands, which consist of  a 2x4 cut in half and stuck into the ground with card board stapled to them. We tried to explain that we are shooting about 25 feet away from the stands into the proper side of the hill at bowling pins / clay pigeons and a tire that was on the ground.  After our chat he sat in his golf cart and watched us shoot and every time we would do a mag change he would call a cease fire for new shooters to post targets. We were the only three folks at the range.  It used to be my range of choice now it’s more of a hassle to go there. Vandalia Armory and range is grossly over priced but it is a lovely facility.  Springvalley is about an hour drive. So most of the time I go to my grand parents house and shoot my bb gun at my paper targets and act like its and ar-15…

/rant.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By SirDrinksAlot:

As I mentioned in another thread, check out Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmans Association near Wilmington.

25 to 200yd Pistol & Rifle Ranges, Trap/Skeet, Archery

3 Gun & IDPA matches as well.

$50/yr for a membership.

http://ccfsa.com/
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By greenwall:
Yes, Spring Valley is a good place to go for cheap. You may bring pistols there but, you have to shoot at the 25 yard range. (which on Sat, Sun and Holidays are FULL most of the time) 25 yards is the closest they have. You must bring your own targets and some of the staff there can be jerks at times. I've been there 3 times in the past year and 2 of the 3 times I left with a feeling of the range masters just want to play the "coltrol trip" roll. I've been shooting most of my life and know how to be safe and such but, they seem to talk down to ALL the people that are younger in age. (Im 28 years old) Also, some of the people there ask for a cease fire seems like every 10 minutes or so cause they want to save their targets after shooting a magazine or they can't see their target at the 100 or 50 yard range.  For 5$ you can't beat it, just expect that if you want to go to the 25 yard range you may have to wait in line. They have plenty of room at the 100 yard range at the pigeon range every time I've been there. Bring your own targets and they'll provide clothes pins and cardboard backing for you to pin or tape your targets to. Closes at dark.

im pretty sure you can shoot pistols at the 50 yard line as well (ive even seen people shooting pistols at the 100 yard range but i never noticed if the RO got on them about it or not). its actually a very nice range that you can go for $24 a year. it does get very crowded on warmer days.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Where can I shoot my AR in or near Toledo? Willing to drive about and hour and a half or so, looked in SCSC, but it seems like you need alot to join, a sponsor, nra membership, and you have to be there to be voted in, maybe one day, but for now is there anywhere else?
Link Posted: 6/25/2012 9:38:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: savagerabbit73] [#43]
Anyone following the impending opening of The Great American Outpost in Rio Grande?   Looks like it's going to be fantastic!  Follow them on Facebook for pictures and plans because their website isn't much to look at yet.  Linky

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone been to Valley View Range in Ashland.

If so can you provide any information. It looks to be rifle and pistol. Does anyone know the distance of the rifle range, etc...

Any information would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/23/2012 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Okay, I've done lots of research but can't seem to find the magic bullet, as it were.  I'm on the east side of Cincy (Anderson Township, to be exact).  I've lived here for 10 years but only recently got back into firearm collecting/shooting.  I cannot for the life of me find a conveniently located (say within 45 minutes or so) rifle range that is open to the public in & around Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky.  It's ironic, because I've lived in less gun-friendly areas that have more places to shoot.  Due to family commitments I have very little (if any) "me" time each week, which is why it needs to be relatively close.

I'd consider joining a club, but it seems that the only conveniently-located club for me is Miami Rifle & Pistol and they're booked for new member orientation classes for the rest of the year.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 12:08:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TargetBlaster] [#46]
Originally Posted By 98hatch:
Where can I shoot my AR in or near Toledo? Willing to drive about and hour and a half or so, looked in SCSC, but it seems like you need alot to join, a sponsor, nra membership, and you have to be there to be voted in, maybe one day, but for now is there anywhere else?

Try Adams Conservation Club.  It is around Spring Meadows shopping center in Toledo. They have a 200 Yard range and if you are into shooting competitively, they also have a high power league that alternates shoots between Adams and Southern Michigan.  No sponsor needed or NRA membership but NRA membership is always a good idea.  Send an email to club secretary.  Email is [email protected]

One thing that is better about Adams than any of the other clubs around (besides it's location) is that the club is run to have the ranges available for members to shoot during shooting hours (9 am to sunset).   Adams has very few range closures and any range closure is usually due to a pre-approved match that is published well in advance.  Even then the range is not closed for more than  2-3 hours, all the other ranges are open and the whole club is NEVER closed during normal shooting hours.  Problem that I have found with most of the gun clubs in the area is that they are always closed on weekends or have very limited availability due to matches, fund raisers, special events, etc.  When you go to Adams, you will be able to shoot.  Can't say that about most of the other gun clubs in the area.
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#47]
NE Ohio, looking for a good range with rentals, preferably indoor.  I have heard not-so-good things about stonewall, and Sherwin is a dump.  Where can I go around here to try out some guns?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By djm227:
NE Ohio, looking for a good range with rentals, preferably indoor.  I have heard not-so-good things about stonewall, and Sherwin is a dump.  Where can I go around here to try out some guns?

Riverside range in cuyahoga falls will rent you a gun, but you will have to buy their ammo to shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By derspiess:
Okay, I've done lots of research but can't seem to find the magic bullet, as it were.  I'm on the east side of Cincy (Anderson Township, to be exact).  I've lived here for 10 years but only recently got back into firearm collecting/shooting.  I cannot for the life of me find a conveniently located (say within 45 minutes or so) rifle range that is open to the public in & around Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky.  It's ironic, because I've lived in less gun-friendly areas that have more places to shoot.  Due to family commitments I have very little (if any) "me" time each week, which is why it needs to be relatively close.

I'd consider joining a club, but it seems that the only conveniently-located club for me is Miami Rifle & Pistol and they're booked for new member orientation classes for the rest of the year.

Any recommendations?

Closest I've found is Shooter's Supply in Independence, KY  (http://www.shootersupply.net/site/)

All indoor, 25 yards, long guns permitted (but caliber restrictions apply). It's much closer than MR&P, WAY cheaper, but sadly, only the 25 yard range. Fingers are crossed that One Shot's new range will offer a longer distance shoot... if they ever open.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Thumbs up to Point Blank Range in Blue Ash. Better than Target World.
Page / 9
Tacked Places to shoot in Ohio (Page 7 of 9)
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top