Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/13/2007 2:47:26 AM EST
Just had a call from my RFD to see if im still interseted in a 9mm AR ........... but its not staight pull ........... but is is self ejecting ..... ......... 20 are being made as you read this ..... ...................... so guess when the delivery date is ? & no its not Streetfighter making them , but his mate Bob .

Link Posted: 9/13/2007 2:49:49 AM EST
Well I'm intrigued...
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:19:40 AM EST
Oooohh do tell
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:20:15 AM EST
he's been making them since 2001....but not actually made any...
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:25:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2007 3:26:11 AM EST by steven_uk]
This design has been kicking around in 'Bob Folklore' for years.....but will it ever really see the light of day......and still be considered Sec1 Street Legal (ie not easily convertible etc)

Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:29:15 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:33:14 AM EST
id ordered a standart straight pull from Sgc via my rfd ................. kept getting fobbed off .... local rfd gets a call from Sgc offering these blow back 9mm ar's instead today , iv said ill take one if it arrives.
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:36:21 AM EST
Self ejecting?

ie: Fire, bolt locks back, then you hit the bolt release?

If so: Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:49:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2007 3:49:39 AM EST by steven_uk]

Originally Posted By Helios:
Self ejecting?

Yep - alledgedly
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:49:29 AM EST
i dont think so, it'll probably have no magazine...
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:59:19 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 7:08:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By streetfighter:

Self ejecting?

Not awesome...dodgy.

Can't quite picture it myself.
It would need a completely different lower also, as well as the upper.

Maybe he really does have something, but lets wait and see.

I remember seeing a couple of ideas he was tinkering with a few years ago. One used a paint ball gun mechanism to cycle the bolt the other work as a gas blowback that had some fancy electronic circuitry working a solenoid to release the locked back bolt. Only trouble with both units being that they were easily converted back to semi auto and would become section 5.

Personally I believe whatever he has done will be sailing very close to breaking the law. Any how we will watch this space as well and see what happens.......................

<­BR>

but I for one wont hold my breath.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 2:40:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mousegunner-UK:

Self ejecting?

Not awesome...dodgy.

Can't quite picture it myself.
It would need a completely different lower also, as well as the upper.

Maybe he really does have something, but lets wait and see.

I remember seeing a couple of ideas he was tinkering with a few years ago. One used a paint ball gun mechanism to cycle the bolt the other work as a gas blowback that had some fancy electronic circuitry working a solenoid to release the locked back bolt. Only trouble with both units being that they were easily converted back to semi auto and would become section 5.

Why do I get the feeling some one is going to end up in jail
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 5:29:47 AM EST
It would need to be a very big jail fella
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 7:39:00 AM EST
As the relative newbie here is all this effort just an attempt to be that little bit quicker than a straight pull...?
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 7:43:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By IcarusY625:
As the relative newbie here is all this effort just an attempt to be that little bit quicker than a straight pull...?

Yep, and to push the system a little. But 'not readily convertible' is the HO phrase that 'covers all'
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 7:46:37 AM EST
I think its more because straight pull by itself is very difficult to get to work reliably for extraction/ejection with a short case like a 9mm, so it looks like they may trying to get the blowback bit to just work for the extraction/ejection but not cycling the action.

Will be very interesting to see if this ever sees the light of day and passes the ACPO committee.
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 8:03:30 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 10:36:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2007 10:39:11 AM EST by IcarusY625]

Originally Posted By 310Cadet:
I think its more because straight pull by itself is very difficult to get to work reliably for extraction/ejection with a short case like a 9mm, so it looks like they may trying to get the blowback bit to just work for the extraction/ejection but not cycling the action.

Will be very interesting to see if this ever sees the light of day and passes the ACPO committee.

..soooo, presumably after the first bang, the bolt blows back, ejects the spent case, bolt then locks back and is released by a button accessible to the thumb or trigger finger, then chambering a new round. Would that be about it?

...and one concern is that if the bolt release is disabled you have a semi-auto again?
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 10:39:45 AM EST
Yep.

Just glares out 'readily convertible' doesn't it!
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 10:41:12 AM EST

..soooo, presumably after the first bang, the bolt blows back, ejects the spent case, bolt then locks back and is released by a button accessible to the thumb or trigger finger, then chambering a new round. Would that be about it?

Yep thats whats been offerd to my Rfd........................... but like we all know its not true till its in your hands, but since iv nothing to loose & lots of fun to have ( if its real & works ) i think ill keep one on order
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 10:45:03 AM EST
Does seem a bit optimistic.
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 10:45:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By GunfighterUK:

Yep thats whats been offerd to my Rfd........................... but like we all know its not true till its in your hands, but since iv nothing to loose & lots of fun to have ( if its real & works ) i think ill keep one on order

Shall we order you bed and breakfast now..............................at her majestys pleasure
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 10:58:17 AM EST
SUMMARY: Six months imprisonment and / or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum.
INDICTMENT: Ten years imprisonment and / or a fine.

Time limit for prosecutions:
None

I'll call Bubba and tell him to get in more soap
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 11:22:19 AM EST
He might even make you some Merlot, in his toilet
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 1:21:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 1:28:48 PM EST
It may well not have any return spring in it... The lower sounds as if it's going to be pretty well modified if it's gas bulb or electric operated. The carrier could be a different size completely to a standard AR (9mm or .223).

So, if a non-standard bolt gets blown back (somehow) and there is no return mechanism (except by manually releasing a catch and pushing the bolt forward) it doesn't sound so readily convertible.

(It also sounds like a solution looking for a problem...)
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 1:30:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 4:39:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By target-hunter:

So, if a non-standard bolt gets blown back (somehow) and there is no return mechanism (except by manually releasing a catch and pushing the bolt forward) it doesn't sound so readily convertible.

(It also sounds like a solution looking for a problem...)

Release catch and then push bolt forward every shot or

pull bolt back and let go

Straight pull seems better anyday.

Even if the big man does get the thing built and working, I would be quite supprised to see it put into production. Sounds like a lot of messing about.

Is 9mm so much harder to extract that blowback is needed?
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 5:57:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Agent_Funky:

Is 9mm so much harder to extract that blowback is needed?

Please don't go there....nothing to see move along
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:44:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:08:18 AM EST

Well?????

Afer several phone calls ................................ the 20 guns promised last month to my RFD have yet to appear ........................
Top Top