Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 6/4/2008 8:14:21 AM EDT
Hey guys I'm out in Logan, UT right now visiting my parents for 2 weeks.  My rents are getting me a 1911 of my choice for my graduation gift and I would really like to test some out.  Is there any ranges that you can rent a few different 1911's.  I'm looking to try out mostly commander style aluminum framed and 4.25" slide length to compare to a full size 1911 that I normally shoot.  I will be getting this for carry/home defense.  

The ones I'm interested in are:
Kimber CDP
SA
Colt
DW

I'm trying to limit my price to about $1500
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in the ogden / layton area. I have a few 1911's I'd be more than willing to let you take for a whirl. or you can go to impact guns here in ogden and rent from them for 10-15 bucks per gun, plus thier ammo, plus target, plus range time. but I think they have a couple 1911's. but the guns they rent out usaully dont work very well becuase of lack of maintance. and the entire experience will probably cost you around 50+ bucks. PM me if interested...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the help guys.  I got a chance to get to impact this evening in Ogden.  it was $10 for range time plus $10 to rent as many pistols as I wanted.  I also bought some ammo since I had none and you have to use theirs on the rentals.  They had a great selection.  I tested a couple kimbers in full size 5", 4", and also a Les Baer.  The Les was nice and had a light trigger compared to the kimbers.

I narrowed it down between the kimber pro CDP II and the Dan Wesson CBob.  The weight difference on paper didn't seem like it would be much but in real life it was quite a difference.  I like the aluminum frame since this will be a carry gun.  I will eventually get an all stainless full size for fun.  it looks like I will be getting the pro CDP II as my first handgun!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Dan Wesson pointman that I wouldnt give up for love nor money. I love that little sucker. enjoy your kimber
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
I have a Dan Wesson pointman that I wouldnt give up for love nor money. I love that little sucker. enjoy your kimber I think I might get the Dan Wesson next as a full size because for the money I can't find anything that comes close.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top