Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2010 9:17:46 PM EDT

My dad is thinking about getting a cabin on the lake for a couple of days in September.  Has a 17ft Lund, and tie-up on site is a requirement.  Not really any other requirements.  Any recommendations or places to avoid?  Also, any good hot spot tips, tricks, etc?

Thanks,
-Slice
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been a while since I've been up there but I think the Fisherman's Campground is the only one with places to tie up a boat near your campsite.  Just don't leave anything valuable on the boat.  They were having a lot of problems with thefts from boats the last time I was there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Orange County side?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]

EPD, thanks I'll check that one out.

GreenRifle, is there anyplace in particular?  I'm not very familiar with the area, I'm from the SE side of the state.

Thanks guys
-Slice
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Thanks for the tips guys.  Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I am pretty sure you can't get a cabin "on the lake". I don't think that the state allowed cabins to be built on the water. You may be able rent something close to the lake and park the boat at one of the marina's though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top