Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2006 8:06:58 AM EDT
Anyone know of some land where I could set up to sight in at 50 to 100 yds in the Evans or Martinez area.  Tried the power line areas and that's a No Go.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#1]
No place close I know of. The three ranges I go to are a 1/2 hour to 50 mins away.
Might want to check with the Sheriff dept. I heard they used to let people come sometimes and use their 50 yard range but I do not know if it is true,
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
j3_:  Thanks, what are the 3 ranges?  Pinetucky, and -----
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Theres a Georgia DNR range near plant Vogtle and a National forest range in South Carolina in Sumter national forest. Both of them are about 50 minutes away.

www.fs.fed.us/r8/fms/rec/LCRR.pdf
This is the federal range. The directions are the long way and take more than 50 mins. There is another entrance to Turkey road and is quicker if you have no problem driving  down a long one lane dirt road.

The DNR range is the yuhci one. Used to be directions on tthe site but I can not find them on the new one.
georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=442
Found a map. Hard to read though.
www.georgiaoutdoors.com/hunting/WMAmaps/YuchiWMA.pdf
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#4]
j3_  Thanks, I'll give 'em a try.  It still rubs me the wrong way that there is so much forested, and unused, open land around this area, yet it's hard to find a place to shoot.  In Ohio, it's just the opposite, at least where I'm from.  A lot of farms and people, but much easier to find someone who'll let you shoot (or hunt) on their property.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top