Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 3:28:45 PM EDT
Daughter and her boyfriend are looking for some place to live. Anywhere near Voss, Elk CIty (best, where he works), Weatherford, Enid, Cordell, etc. They do have two dogs.

A pet deposit is no problem with them.

Country living will be OK - actually preferred.

Any help or references appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:25:10 PM EDT
Butler is darn cheap to live in.
But there is absolutely hardly anything there though but a convenience store, school, and old haunted hotel.
I had a friend who rented a house in the winter during goose season just so he wouldn't have to drive back to OKC after hunting.
HIs dad owned the lumber yard for a long time before shutting it down some years ago.
He even owned the old hotel too but sold it.
It seems like he paid $60 a month just 10 years ago...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:21:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By danc46:
Butler is darn cheap to live in.
But there is absolutely hardly anything there though but a convenience store, school, and old haunted hotel.
I had a friend who rented a house in the winter during goose season just so he wouldn't have to drive back to OKC after hunting.
HIs dad owned the lumber yard for a long time before shutting it down some years ago.
He even owned the old hotel too but sold it.
It seems like he paid $60 a month just 10 years ago...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:10:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rick-OShay:
Daughter and her boyfriend are looking for some place to live. Anywhere near Voss, Elk CIty (best, where he works), Weatherford, Enid, Cordell, etc. They do have two dogs.

A pet deposit is no problem with them.

Country living will be OK - actually preferred.

Any help or references appreciated.

If she decides she wants to live in Weatherford have her talk to the Garrisons. They're the only ones left that I know of that still allow pets. It's a bit of a far drive (45 mins?) if one of them has work in Elk City though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:36:55 AM EDT
Clinton smells like pickled bologna. I wouldn't recommend it. Housing prices in Weatherford are a little high and the drive would be too long. Butler is cheap and there may be a few places around Sentinel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:52:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Texas:
Clinton smells like pickled bologna. I wouldn't recommend it. Housing prices in Weatherford are a little high and the drive would be too long. Butler is cheap and there may be a few places around Sentinel.

I definitely recommend that she avoids Clinton.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:52:07 PM EDT
Thomas is supposed to be a nice place to live but it may be a bit far to Elk City.
Sayre is not too far and it's a sizable town if you prefer one bigger than Butler.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:14:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By danc46:
Thomas is supposed to be a nice place to live but it may be a bit far to Elk City.
Sayre is not too far and it's a sizable town if you prefer one bigger than Butler.

I live ~15 minutes away and hardly ever hear about the place. At least I don't hear anything bad about it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:44:28 PM EDT
Thanks everyone - I will pass this info on to them.
Top Top