Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 7:26:35 AM EDT
Anybody in Northern VA (Fairfax, Loudoun, etc) have a Pivot Pin Installation tool that I can borrow
for a few minutes?  Or let me swing by your place, and help the AR-assembly newbie to put the pins
in right? (Not wanting to launch pins & springs everywhere)

I have the rest of the tools needed to assemble my evil mechanical device come the expiration, but
lacking that one.....

A sixpack of your favorite beverage can be paid in appreciation!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not go to any hardware and get a cotter pin of the same diameter?  You can use the hole in them the same way you would use the proper tool...  Also, I have built lots of lowers before I got the tool and you just need to make sure that you are VERY careful not to have the spring and detent fly but quite easy...  (do it wth a plastic bag over the end of the receiver...)

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
This is true.... I can try that just as easy. Thanks for the idea.

(I've been told by several people to cover up with a sheet or a trashbag, so that it will catch the
pin WHEN it launches....)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top