Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/15/2015 10:35:31 PM EST
New to the area in the last 6 mons. The HTF has yet to let me down. I need a great meat market. Looking for a seriously high end butcher. Been to the Valencia place, Saxonburg actually really impressed me, the strip district's selection was poor. But I moved here from Naples, FL and we had a Wagyu butcher that kicked ass. They bought sides and cut them rather than pre-frozen cuts.

I drive for a living and need a place that cuts custom USDA Prime or Wagyu to order. TIA.

Chuck
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:10:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By FLchuck8:
New to the area in the last 6 mons. The HTF has yet to let me down. I need a great meat market. Looking for a seriously high end butcher. Been to the Valencia place, Saxonburg actually really impressed me, the strip district's selection was poor. But I moved here from Naples, FL and we had a Wagyu butcher that kicked ass. They bought sides and cut them rather than pre-frozen cuts.

I drive for a living and need a place that cuts custom USDA Prime or Wagyu to order. TIA.

Chuck
View Quote

Ahhh...Jimmy P's.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:20:08 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Ahhh...Jimmy P's.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Chuck

Ahhh...Jimmy P's.

I am having withdrawal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:48:08 AM EST
Been to the Valencia place, Saxonburg actually really impressed me, the strip district's selection was poor.

Chuck
View Quote

So you already hit Thomas in Saxonburg? This is my go to place. They do not cut frozen meat. You can buy the whole cow, a half or a quarter. You pick the cow by the weight that they have available at the time. They will cut it how you want and package it for you. Not sure what it is like in FL but I am happy with them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:31:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By bullet3:

So you already hit Thomas in Saxonburg? This is my go to place. They do not cut frozen meat. You can buy the whole cow, a half or a quarter. You pick the cow by the weight that they have available at the time. They will cut it how you want and package it for you. Not sure what it is like in FL but I am happy with them.
View All Quotes
Been to the Valencia place, Saxonburg actually really impressed me, the strip district's selection was poor.

Chuck

Another thumbs up for Thomas. Pretty much everyone in the area likes them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:01:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By Keystone10mm:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Keystone10mm:

Chuck

I literally popped in and out in less than 10 minutes. I will be out that way this week and will have to dig deeper. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:21:38 PM EST
Bardines

A bit outside of the city but if your ever around the Greensburg area it's worth a stop.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:59:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Kingnuke32:
Bardines

A bit outside of the city but if your ever around the Greensburg area it's worth a stop.

View Quote

I love a good excuse to burn gas and eat beef. I actually scored some surprisingly outstanding NY Strips at costco today that had the marbling of kobe/wagyu/prime. Someone there in Cranberry or the disti was on union time because they are stunning. So we ok for a couple weeks but the chest freezer is never full.

Keep the recommendations coming and I will add my comment in the OP as I visit them.

Chuck
Top Top