Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:20:19 AM EDT
What exactly does the DNR mean by " No long barrel modifications"? I have been considering a T/C Contender (G2) or Encore pistol registered frame and at least one barrel (14"or 15" most likely) in an allowed caliber.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#2]
i talked to the "law enforcement" area of the Iowa DNR and it was explained to me that the "no long barrel modification" is meant simply to detour anyone from buying a long barrel, for example 24" and cutting it themselves back to say 16" or 18".  

today, the state of iowa doesn't have a maximum barrel length clause.  if you head out to the tree stand with a T/C pistol armed with a 26" barreled 50 Beowulf, you are legal.

in a nutshell, if you buy it and have a receipt for it, you are legal.  if the DNR can verify your source as a business you are legal.  they don't want weekend warrior gunsmiths hacking things up for people to use during the hunting season.

if this is a problem for you i'd suggest a custom barrel from e. arthur brown co - minnesota.  he can make one in about any caliber and any length.  i have heard quite a few people remark at their satisfaction with him and his products.

hope this helps.  if not, read my signature disclaimer...

septic tank

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top