Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2005 4:16:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll see about getting up for at least one day if I can.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#2]
August 20-21?

I'm working, unfortunately  
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
August 20-21?

I'm working, unfortunately  

Glenn nice addition to the sigline
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Guessing it's 20-21.

Possible.

Add in some no-fun Carbine (meltdown on the move, anyone?), and some enlightenment from BC re: teamwork from Tac Rifle 1&2, and I'll cross the river Styx to make it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I will try to make at least one day.  Sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I will have to talk to Melissa about it. I would not mind going and practicing. I will let you know Stan.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Will talk to Tom but I for one am up for it
This looks like it could get fun or as Sully says "bear with me here it gets uglier"
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#9]
If I can clear it with work, I am so there.

I am actually starting to consider leaving my manager job and going back into train service for this training thing.......I still have my seniority (#7 on a 40 man roster) and can hold a good pick of jobs with weekends off.  No more on call weekends!  But I would have to drive an hour to work and no more company car.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
i probably can make it. i'll know for sure when it gets closer to the date.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll try to make it if I can.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to try to make this.  Sounds like a great practice session.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Definitely on board.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm going to try to make this.  Sounds like a great practice session.

What's the matter, doesn't the IL crew do this.

Are you about ready to relocate? or are ya waiting to see what happens with CCW?
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Are you about ready to relocate? or are ya waiting to see what happens with CCW?

I've been ready to relocate for years.  If it weren't for family, we'd be living in WI, IA, or MN.
I dont think I could afford living in an NFA friendly state anyway.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This looks like it could get fun or as Sully says "bear with me here it gets uglier"

The evil twins are in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The evil twins are in.

Heck I'm the good one so don't be calling me an evil twin!!!!!

Well on second thought maybe I am just a little evil (at least that is what my wife tells me).
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The evil twins are in.

Heck I'm the good one so don't be calling me an evil twin!!!!!

Well on second thought maybe I am just a little evil (at least that is what my wife tells me).

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump to remind everyone that we're about two weeks away.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#21]
So who is all going to this??

We camping it??

I think I can make it at this point. Friday and Saturday. I have the Shultzs' IPSC I have been trying to get to for about 3 months now. That is on that Sunday.

Rifle shooting????

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#23]
By rifles I meant long range, 300 perhaps?

If you guys are going to be working on carbine drills and such I might be the odd man out, seeing that I have yet to take the carbine classes. I have a carbine, just no Sully school.

Willing to learn.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
F-T
We've always managed to find some time to shoot at 300M.I don't have a course setup up there tho(other than the 2 steels and backers).I'm sure someone can volunteer to run us thru the carbine/pistol transition and basics.I can't refuse a meltdown.

Also,the same basic courses--speedrock,backward movement,lateral movement,pivoting from behind 'barricade',shooting from behind 'barricade' from knees and prone,180 degree pivots,forward movement,zipper drills,,,can be run thru with the carbine/pistol as well as pistol.

I set up some steel on the opposite side of the range,up on the road.It gives much more area to move around and shoot.

bulletcatchR

You da man!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I believe AO and I will be making it out to camp on Friday night, shoot on Saturday, and come home late that evening.

We promised a freind that we'd take her to Irish fest on Sunday, so it looks like we'll miss day 2 of training.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I believe AO and I will be making it out to camp on Friday night, shoot on Saturday, and come home late that evening.

We promised a freind that we'd take her to Irish fest on Sunday, so it looks like we'll miss day 2 of training.

Pack said friend up and bring her along.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pack said friend up and bring her along.

Your married Tommy

Oh wait your the safe one
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Well crapola. I am told I cannot go to this. The wife has to work a half day on Saturday and because I have not been around the house as of late she says she wants to see me.
I think it's more of a "if I can't go, neither can you."  That coupled with her making me do stuff around the house.

I will work on her, there may be hope yet. This does suck major poopoo.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I am afraid I am not going to be able to make this one either
You all shoot some targets and send em off to me and Ill say they are mine
Make sure they are all in the 10 ring tho
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I am afraid I am not going to be able to make this one either
You all shoot some targets and send em off to me and Ill say they are mine
Make sure they are all in the 10 ring tho

I thought you wanted folks to believe they were yours.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

...and she just turned 16.

Tommy, you still coming, or are you gonna bow out now that your girlfriend won't come?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tommy, you still coming, or are you gonna bow out now that your girlfriend won't come?

That depends. Do you catch?
I expect I'll make it at least as a day trip.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#34]
i found out that i'm unable to make it i gota go up north with the gf again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I think I'm going to make this one.  I'll be there for the Saturday practice session, want to practice the skills we learned.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I think I'm going to make this one.  I'll be there for the Saturday practice session, want to practice the skills we learned.

You should be doing that already shame on you
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should be doing that already shame on you

Been working too much.  I haven't live fired, but I dry fire carbine and pistol for an hour once a week at minimum.  I also have a business card with silhouettes on it taped to the wall just above the baseboard, and I dry fire my bolt rifle on it from the other end of the house.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
...Do you catch?

Sorry Tommy.

My ass is an exit ONLY.

Hell, I've even been able to put off the urologist...
...for the time being.

I get scared every time I walk into that guy's office.  They always have a couple of sets of gloves and a big glob of KY sitting out.

FMD: Ass-virgin and proud of it!
(how's that for sigline material)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Way more than anyone wanted to know.
Continuing in said tradition.

[Lecture]

Every man gets some prostate cancer
All women get breast cancer.
The temperament and severity of the cancer are the variables.

It's not a roulette wheel, hit or miss game.
Think of it more like hosing down a room full of people; some get totally soaked, some only get misted, everybody gets wet.

Women are taught to examine themselves semi regularly and it makes sense to do so.
Men are not taught to do this, and it makes no sense.
So long as you're not in terrible shape, you can check yourself.
It's not an appealing though, but it sure beats the alternative of paying a stranger to check for you.
It definitely beats the altenative of letting cancer fester unattended, because your manliness was too fucking delicate for a medical examination.

Don't you know what's at stake?
Corrective procedure vs. parts in the scrap bucket.

The semi regular self exam is actually better, as you become far more familiar with yourself than the doctor would be.
In doing so, you'll immediately detect any changes whereas a doctor can only judge from the general parameters of 'normal.'
When trying to make a diagnosis, recent-change is often far more telling than present-state.

I know they make silicone models of normal vs cancerous testicals to teach people what to look for.
Dunno if they make dummy prostates for folks to finger.
Tommy might know.

In short, remaining merrily ignorant of your prostate condition isn't a good long term strategy.

[/Lecture]

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
[Lecture]

...remaining merrily ignorant of your prostate condition isn't a good long term strategy.

[/Lecture]

Not merrily ignorant, just putting it off until it's reccomended (age 35).  Doc requested to do the procedure after the 'stone.  "I have a choice?" I said.  The affarmitive answer based on my overall health, ummm "activity",  and knowledge that I'd prolly be okay for another couple of years was a welcome relief.

</hijack...PLEASE>
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#42]
So who will be attending?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Which, the pistol refresher, or the self-fisting course?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which, the pistol refresher, or the self-fisting course?

You sick bastard.  AO and I are in for Saturday's pistol refresher.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Heading out shortly...solo (), but heading out none the less.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Ya'll have fun this weekend!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:08:04 AM EDT
[#48]
I was hoping to get up there, but I'm not going to make it.  Have fun everyone.  I promise to do my dry fire drills.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Disappointed a little in the attendance.  If I had a ruler to slap some of y'all across the knuckles, it'd be done.  BulletcatchR goes to a lot of trouble to put these things on for the Alumni.  We should do what we can to get up to his place to practice the skills we've learned, and maybe even learn a thing or two from each other.

I got up to BC's late Friday, and did a little midnight scouting and scrounging for steel to mount the plate steel BC has purchased for pistol and rifle target gongs.

8AM-Noon BC & FMD:

Warm up with the meltdown, one hand and off-hand pistol and carbine techniques, along with shoot/move drills practiced.  Shooting from and moving to cover: steel targets.

Side note: If you shoot Wolf and don't clean or lube your carbine; expect a stuck case at round 1250 or so.  Small break in the action to get a cleaning rod and some lube around 10 AM.

Noon-2:30PM BC, FMD, Tommytrauma:

Shooting from and moving to cover: steel targets, pistols and pistol cal carbine.

2:30-3PM Sustenance break.

3-4PM BC, FMD, Tommytrauma, The_Kill:

"Sully Speed Rock" A.K.A. the "Collateral" practiced.

4PM-6:30 PM BC, FMD, The_Kill:

Shooting from and moving to cover: steel targets, with pistols.  New carbine shakedown T&E. Communicating with a partner. Ammo and pistol T&E: A.K.A "Now shoot mine".

6:30-? BC, The_Kill:

Long range rifle work at 300M?

Lessons learned, reinforced:

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
Do not crowd cover.
One handed techniques are fatiguing.
Use muscle groups to "lock up" your stance.
Drawing from concealment (with covering garment) is much more difficult than without a covering garment.

Additional skills I need to reinforce:

One handed and off handed shooting.
Tactical reloads.
Communicating with a partner.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top