Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 7:08:51 AM EDT
Hey everyone,

I already know part to the answer already, but I don't know the other part.  I'm a wisconsin resident, but i'm currently going to school in minnesota. I know that I can't purchase any handguns because i'm a non-resident.   but how about assault weapons (i.e. ar-15's, FAL's and other military type)?  I have a non-resident carrying permit, does that count?  I sure do have having to drive at least 1 hour to go buy handguns and other cool guns. thanks for the help
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
For rifles like FALs AR15s etc it depends on the store. As a WI resident it you can buy these rifles without a permit to purchase because you are buying a long gun. At least that is what is indicated on the 4473.

That said, some stores like Cablea's will not sell to WI residents unless the gun is shipped to a WI FFL like a handgun purchase.

Chris

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Money man,

I replied to you IM about ranges and it said that I could not send an IM to you. If you want to go shooting some time let me know. I work in Real Estate so I work weekends but the evenings are good.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top