Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2010 6:49:42 PM EDT
Pinky Reid showing his true colors again? Stealthily supporting anti-gun zealot Andrew F. Traver?

I've been out of town for the SAR show, so when I got back I wanted to catch up on what's going on with congress.
Not too happy with what I've found!

It seems Pinky has NOT made any real effort to ensure the Traver nomination is voted on before congress adjourns.

This is typical of him.

He will let Traver become a recess appointment, then continue to claim that he "really does" support our RKBA.
If anyone complains he will deny all responsibility, probably blaming the republicans for time running out.

Readers here might remember that one of the claims for allowing Dingy to remain in office was that he is SENATE MAJORITY LEADER, and a (claimed) supporter of our RKBA.
IF he TRULY wanted Traver's nomination to be scheduled and voted on it would be.

I checked with Pinky's office, they could not give me a direct answer.
The D.C. office insisted they did not know, and transferred me to a busy signal.
The Carson office promised to send me a written response, which I expect to get several days after the question is moot.

We can let Dingy slide on this, or we can demand that he actually make more than a token effort to REPRESENT US on this!

Contact info:

Senator Harry Reid (D) NV.
Web site: http://reid.senate.gov
Mail: United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510-2803
Ph. (202) 224-3542, Fax (202) 224-7327

Carson City - Ph. (775) 882-7343

Reno - Ph. (775) 686-5750

Las Vegas Ph. (702) 388-5020

Rural Mobile - Ph. (775) 772-3905  

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Just learned about Senate "Rule 14".

Using rule 14 Reid could easily bring the Travers nomination to a vote before the "Lame Duck" session's end.

That he is NOT doing so confirms for me that he intends to see ATF headed by an anti-RKBA zealot via "Recess Appointment", and deny all responsibility for it.

When do we start the recall process on Dingy?
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember....the NRA ENDORSED  him.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not this time around, they didn't endorse anyone.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
When do we start the recall process on Dingy?

Little over a month ago. It didn't work.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Update today, 12/16/10.

Hearing is STILL not scheduled.

Pinky has found time to put up a 1.1 BILLION dollar budget increase, with thousands of Pork "earmarks, to push a huge "Wilderness" and "National Monument" bill, get "Gays" into the military, a seven year gulf drilling moratorium, etc.

But "There is no time" to prevent anti-gun wacko Travers taking over control of BATFE.

So it's clear Dingy intends to impose insane and unconstitutional "Gun Control" on us, but he's going to deny any responsibility for it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Update today, 12/16/10.

Hearing is STILL not scheduled.

Pinky has found time to put up a 1.1 BILLION dollar budget increase, with thousands of Pork "earmarks, to push a huge "Wilderness" and "National Monument" bill, get "Gays" into the military, a seven year gulf drilling moratorium, etc.

But "There is no time" to prevent anti-gun wacko Travers taking over control of BATFE.

So it's clear Dingy intends to impose insane and unconstitutional "Gun Control" on us, but he's going to deny any responsibility for it.

Gays are already in the military.  1.1 Billion might create some more jobs too. :D

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope you intended that to be sarcasm?

$1.1 BILLION in new debt.
Only real jobs will be expansion of Fed. Gov.
New administrative cost can be expected to eat over half of any claimed economic benefit.

"Gay's" are in the military, but they still have to keep it to themselves and not demand special consideration for their affectation. We do not have the Greeks "sacred band", yet.

The planned "National Monument" will curtail hunting, mining, jobs, and BORDER PATROL operations, the Mex. crime Cartels will love it!

Drilling moratorium probably means gas prices go up another 50¢ per gallon or more in the next year or so, on top of all other factors pushing prices up.
Just another nail in our Nevada economies coffin.
Same for Pinky's Nevada gravel mining ban, I suppose we will now import GRAVEL from China too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Oops!

My bad, I said $1.1 Billion, sorry (we will ALL be sorry!) it's actually $1.1 TRILLION!

Chump change. <sarc>
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:41:11 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/16/senate-scrambles-avoid-government-shutdown-gop-forces-read-thon/

happy?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not this time around, they didn't endorse anyone.

Semantics. They did not officially endorse Reid. They DID give him almost $5000 dollars and gargle his ballsack in an effort to get the CC shooting park. They had every intention of endorsing him until NRA members started threatening (and doing it) to cancel their memberships.
They still refused to endorse pro-gun Angle because they are a politically driven organization, willing to compromise.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/16/senate-scrambles-avoid-government-shutdown-gop-forces-read-thon/

happy?

Happier, but not truly confident we have dodged this bullet.
Still trying to find out if this also stopped the insane job killing bills that were improperly amended into the whole of the "Omnibus" garbage.

With Stinky (You could smell the tourist.....) Reid you can NEVER feel relieved until the session is absolutely OVER and ALL the pols have left the building!
I CLEARLY recall how he stuck us with the Black Rock "Wilderness" and "NCA", two days after his staff assured me that there was "No way" it could happen so late in the session.
Pinky then "amended" it into an appropriations bill at the last minute, presto, a big chunk of recreation, mineral, hunting, ranching, and geo-thermal land locked up forever.

When Dingy is intent on screwing us, he is a real weasel and will usually find a way.
This "Lame Duck" session cannot end soon enough.
"We the people" spoke at the polls, let the new crew make the decisions.

The Travers travesty is still on course to his "recess appointment"!
A debacle Reid is making NO effort to prevent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top