Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 9:17:06 AM EDT
Anyone going?
Talked to my dad and he said there are less dealers there then before. Not that there where alot there before.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:54:09 PM EDT
Yeah, me and my 5 yo went today and as I expected it was small. I almost baught a Walther P22 for $299.00, but I left there with an Airsoft Rifle for each of us instead.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:02:38 PM EDT
Was that a Gun Show? Oh yeah, I did see a few guns among the Japanese swords, old Military stuff, and imported Chinese knives. Where was the beef jerky???
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:27:25 PM EDT
yup slim pickings, i did see some nicer older stuff, 03 and garands.

too many blades and other junk

i picked up some more 45 mags
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:37:35 AM EDT
This is the first time I skipped it in many years. Last time, it seemed the hall was only 60 percent used. I went through and left in about 30minutes. $7 for a 30 minute gunshow is not my idea of a good gunshow. It used to be really good, but like most Silverado shows, fewer and fewer vendors are attending. Its actually sad because Silverado does the bulk of MD shows.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:32:02 AM EDT
I hate to say it about my own Sate, but MD shows STINK anymore!! Alot of JUNK, HIGH PRICES, and SNOBBY KNOW it ALL Dealers!!!

I know some of the prices on some things are attributed to our SCREWED up Laws in this State, but to GOUGE like many do is ridiculous!! I can see mark up of $50.00 TO $75.00 on a handgun, but some are going $150.00 to $200.00 THATS CRAZY!!!

I prefer the PA shows.

Rant off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:44:59 PM EDT
Went today to help pack up. Fulton Armory was there so got to drool over the M1As. Chated with some dealer friends. Saw some good deals on Glock mags. Well normal price I see online, but no shipping at the show.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:06:13 PM EDT
Isn't the Pikesville show a Camrod Hunting Club/Preston Jones show? The same people that do Timonium, Putty Hill, and Westminster? Yeah they are pretty poor.

The last Silverado show I went to mid-summer at Howard Co. Fairgrounds was pretty good. I scored several good deals on ammo like a full case (1,000rds) of XM193 for $178, among other things.

I do agree that Md shows do generally suck compared to VA and PA
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:27:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stratsandaks:
Isn't the Pikesville show a Camrod Hunting Club/Preston Jones show? The same people that do Timonium, Putty Hill, and Westminster? Yeah they are pretty poor.

The last Silverado show I went to mid-summer at Howard Co. Fairgrounds was pretty good. I scored several good deals on ammo like a full case (1,000rds) of XM193 for $178, among other things.

I do agree that Md shows do generally suck compared to VA and PA

It is a Preston Jones show
Top Top