Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 2:44:50 PM EDT
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised with the turnout!  My count had 15 people at the highest point, a little more than double last time!  Everyone seemed to have a great time and I am so psyched for the next one.  I continue to be impressed with what a great bunch of guys this is.  I really do mean that.

Well, a pic is worth a thousand words so, here's a few novels for ya!

First, the goods:

Table 1:

Table 2:

The ground:

Table 3:

There were a few more pieces laying in backs of trucks that I didn't get a pic of, if this isn't enough...  I swear, no one would believe this was a NJ shoot if I didn't have pics!

The crew (well, some had already left but, this is a good portion of them):

And the rest of my pics:

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, I had shrink the pics down to host them and they got a little grainy.  I have 'slightly' larger ones that I can email to anybody that came if they want them, just let me know.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
hey! that was quite the day for myself and my friend
I am a bit beat up from your 7.62s blast
my one ear is shot from talking to someone and unexpectedly got blasted while my earplug was off
overall it was a fantastic day
carnage for the bowling pins and soda
i think hollow points for the lettuce and oranges are for next time
keep us posted for the next one
oh is it me or did the range person look like Samuel L Jackson (No offense however)
plus I need to get you my info to become a member at Ft Dix
that is a great range
and yes we need a bigger table
How many ARs were there like 12-15?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to Rob (FMJunkie) for hosting another great day of shootin'. We had a great group of guys from all over Jersey and great to have a couple of them representing N.Y. Everybody went APE SHIT when the range-master allowed us to shoot the bowling pins.YEAH! I believe we have a formidable group of AR nutz in Jersey and I hope to see all in JULY!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Rob,
The best looking guy in the group had already left when the pics where taken.  You know, the guy in the camo...oh, wait a minute, that was me and I guess I had already gone back to the base.  

Seriously, thanks for the work, and effort that you put into this.  The next shoot will be well attended and you might need a sign up sheet.  If so, count me in right now.  My LT said that he will dust off his Bushy and come out with us next time if his wife OK's it.  My wife, on the other hand is already resigned to the fact that she is becomming a "range widow"./

Once again, thanks for the great time.

ka
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
FMJunkie, you da man!  Thank you so much for organizing this event.  A GREAT time was had by all... especially when we were blasting away at the bowling pins.  Hope to see everybody at the next shoot in July.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
THANKS GUYS I HAD A GREAT TIME! I HOPE WE CAN DO IT AGAIN SOON. THE WEATHER WAS'NT THE BEST BUT AT LEAST IT DID'NT RAIN. I LOVE THE WAY THOSE CANTALOPE EXPLODED!!!

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks FMJunkie for organizing a great shoot!
For those who did not attend...
Here's Martha Stewart's recipe for Range 14 Fruit Salad:
Take....
40-50 Bowling pins
a couple dozen oranges and grape fruit
6 to 8 heads of lettuce
a bunch of melons
12 pack of Coke
20 paper targets (for garnish)

Place all of the above between 10 and 100+ yds away. Slice, dice and mix well with at least 1000 .223 rounds. Add a smattering of 40 and 45 cal. to taste and pepper with shotgun.
Serve in range garbage cans. Add targets for presentation and Viola! Range 14 Fruit Salad.
" It's a good thing." hty.gif

Thanks again to everyone for a great time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
sweet pics
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW, what a great time! Sorry i had to bug out at the end but I had my brothers car and he wanted it back.

It certainly was a better turnout then the first NJ get-together. That was FMJunkie and myself and that was it! It was still a gret time but we didn't make as much noise as 15 guys shooting rapid fire.

Can anybody list the names of the peoples in the group shot? I met everybody but kinda felt dopey asking what everybodys ARFCOM name was.

Next shoot I'll bring a little more fire power. I only brought my AR180B this time but it is SO much fun to shoot! I dropped the bolt in to the sand a couple of times and it still ran great. I also nailed a sodacan at 50+ yards and 8 or 9 out of 10 bowling pins in rapid fire with that little rifle and iron sites. Im glad that its an AR otherwise I would feel like a trader!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#10]
FMJunkie - WOW, Thanks again for the great shoot.  I have to say I learned alot from everyone.  This was my first time shooting the AR.  Ok I'm hooked even more.

There were tons of AR and everything else there.  AR's, HK's in 40S&W and 45's, Glocks, XD's, 1911's, Sig's, 12ga pump.  Very cool.  Next time I need to bring my camera too.

I have to say I just completed my lower, brought it and was only looking to get one of your guys to eyeball it for me.  Patrick opened his truck and said, he's got a upper he just wanted sighted and bam we found out that my lower works.  Thanks again.

I had a blast.  You know what was the most memorable, the 308.  First round, (Mind you I couldn't remember the first time I fired a 308) the recoil was a surprise to say the least.  Bobby The Hun offered to put his back behind mine .

You guys are a cool bunch to hang out at the range with.

Hey the weather held out and it even got sunny when I hit the turnpike.  Go figure.

Did everyone cut and run or you guys did goto the dinner?

Again,

FMJunkie, & Everyone THANK YOU.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I also nailed a sodacan at 50+ yards and 8 or 9 out of 10 bowling pins in rapid fire with that little rifle and iron sites. hr

No really...he did...I peeked. That was some nice shootin' FrankSquid.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]
second from the right is me 555R
to my left is my newly converted want to buy an ar15
is Arvin he only thought of buying a handgun until he shot the ARs there
not that there werent that many to choose from!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]
what optic is on the rifle second from the left in this pic photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12129?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
what optic is on the rifle second from the left in this pic photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12129?

Trijicon TA01 on a 20" Bushmaster XM15 A2 with green furniture.

Its in this picture also, except its the THIRD from the left. photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12134
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top