Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 7:27:15 PM EDT
I work for Entergy up here in the NE corner of the state.  We serve Marmaduke and I spent the day there assessing damage to our substations.  There is massive devestation on the north part of the town.  There are people that literally have nothing but the clothes on their backs.  There are blocks and blocks with absoultely nothing standing.  You see this kind of stuff on the TV, but being there brings it to a whole new level.  I went to the Katrina response last September and it holds no comparison to the complete and total devestation I saw today in Marmaduke.  

The first half of the pics are from the largest employer in Marmaduke, American Railcar Industries.  They make tank cars.  You can see that these 70,000 pound tank cars were thrown around like toys.  The second half are from the residential area that was hardest hit.  There are ~ 85 pics.

Marmaduke
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:12:20 AM EDT
[#2]
They did take a beating, gotta hate that.  I worked down in New Orleans after Katrina, and to be honest most of it was flood damage, the second time I went down for 60 days and I was assigned to a TCP in Cameron Parish where Rita hit.  Over there whole communities were just gone, nothing but slabs and an errant light pole every now and then.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Aerial pics...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#4]
wow...

ya know, i see that tanker truck half buried under the rail tanker and can help but think.....wonder if those axles are still good.  looks to me like it used to be a 2.5 or 5 ton military truck.  those axles would go GREAT under my rockcrawler
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I took my duster over Wynne today and they had alot of damage south of town but not like these folks did !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top