Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 3:51:10 PM EDT
I just heard on WTOP news (here's a story) that it's official.  McDonnell won, and Deeds lost.  The margin originally was 323 votes, in this, the closest statewide-race in the Commonwealth's modern history.  No word on the final actual tally.

I'm confident two of these votes resulted from my actions.  I changed my vote from Deeds to McDonnell McDonnell to Deeds (sorry for the mix-up)  based on the VCDL recommendation.  Therefore Deeds lost one vote from me.  Concurrently, McDonnel gained one vote from me.  Net change, -2 for Deeds.

Future candidates please take note:
  • Gunowners are an important voting bloc.
  • Gunowners regularly accessing the internet are an exceptionally motivated voting bloc.
  • NRA's endorsement of a candidate for other than a national office will not, in and of itself, overcome a lack of actions (or deeds ) when concerned gunowners assess their choices.
And please, any readers with access to the Virginia GOP ... ask them to learn from their mistakes prior to determining the next slate.

Corrected the candidates' names, thanks to DrMark, whose taste in beverages I share.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm confident two of these votes resulted from my actions.  I changed my vote from McDonnell to Deeds based on the VCDL recommendation.  Therefore Deeds lost one vote from me.  Concurrently, McDonnel gained one vote from me.  Net change, -2 for Deeds.

You mean from Deeds to McDonnell, like I did, also based on the VCDL recommendation.

ETA:  Cumulative net change, -4 for Deeds

Anyone else wanna add to the total?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Until the VCDL endorsement came out I wasn't sure who to vote for and was probably going to flip a coin.  However, the VCDL endorsement secured my vote for McDonnell.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
No excuse.  Having not understood the endorsement correctly, I voted Deeds.  Didn't really care about that one, just governor.  My saving grace, the missus, canceled my Deeds vote.  Net -0-  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I went with deeds cause I liked the movie

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't the NRA endorse Deeds?

There was some Democrat that the NRA endorsed. It was like the Democrat earned an A rating and the Republican earned a B+.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the NRA endorsed Deeds over McDonnell.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
The wife and I voted McDonnel due to the VCDL election newsletters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top