Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2009 5:57:57 PM EDT
Phelps crew will be at Lees Summit North High School tomorrow to protest a play about a gay soldier.  They will be restricted to the sidewalk, so hopefully they will have minimal impact in the kids....
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's these gun stores selling RPG's Rahm keeps talking about when you need them?

ETA: Not that I'm real hip on the ghey soldier play.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a special place in hell for phelps......

PTK
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

PTK

Oh hell yes...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where's these gun stores selling RPG's Rahm keeps talking about when you need them?

THIS.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS.

I have a real hard on for Phelps and crew. Does that make me ghey?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS.

Not at all, that just makes you a good american as they are the scum of the earth. The media needs to just stop giving them attention. Its the same crap as when the neo-nazi morons come to march through town and everybody goes apeshit and tries to "counter protest" leave them the hell alone and then they dont have an audience and dont get any attention (im referring to the media giving the phelps ground attention). That being said its nice when people like the patriot guard riders and other groups go out to block these scum at funerals and other events..

As far as the gay soldier thing, I could really care less. If you dont like it dont go see the play.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#7]
That's the best play they could come up with?  WTF?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS.

If you didn't have one for that POS .. I'd think you might be!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's the best play they could come up with?  WTF?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:39:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't see anything wrong with the situation.  A high school "drama club" (as we called it at my school), is doing an innocent play about a gay soldier.  It gives the kids something to do after school and at night, it beats doing drugs and doing all kinds of fucked up other shit.  Who knows, some of those kids may want to go into the theater or movie on entertainment industry and this experience will help them.

What I DO see wrong is a bunch of dirtbags doing a protest about this.  What will they protest?  Maybe it's because I don't see a thing wrong with gay military personnel, as long as they have to abide by the same rules and regs (which also prohibit public displays of affection, but in uniform), and are willing to put up with the same horseshit and put their lives on the line for this country, I don't see the issue here.

And before it is said, yes, I am active duty USAF, stationed at Whiteman AFB.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

PTK

You better believe it! Those idiots are so brainwashed they don't live in the real world but some kind of fantasy land where they try to play God themselves. If they were so religious they would know that they are just riding a trick pony on the road to hell Personally I think Phelps used to be the ghey and his boyfriend didn't tell him when he was ready to pop and blew his tonsils out so now he has a grudge
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can play whatever games they want as long as they're the ones volunteering to get their asses shot protecting our freedoms.  I don't have to like their lifestyle, but I MUST respect their service!

I'm less concerned about the ghey soldier part as I am about the school thinking that he is "special" because he's ghey.

Why not just a normal soldier? Are they less heroic?

I don't think that any opinion on lifestyle choices whatsoever has any place in school. That's for the parents to decide. Not the activist groups and  government by proxy through the school system and the NEA.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can play whatever games they want as long as they're the ones volunteering to get their asses shot protecting our freedoms.  I don't have to like their lifestyle, but I MUST respect their service!

I'm less concerned about the ghey soldier part as I am about the school thinking that he is "special" because he's ghey.

Why not just a normal soldier? Are they less heroic?

I don't think that any opinion on lifestyle choices whatsoever has any place in school. That's for the parents to decide. Not the activist groups and  government by proxy through the school system and the NEA.

I agree with this.  It's smacks of a liberal agenda.  How much money you want to bet that there are no guns in this play.  That would "send the wrong message to the kids".  Not that there's anything wrong with being a homo, I'm just sayin.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Phuck Phelps and fuck whoever decided a gay soldier is something special.
They can all get gay together for all I care.
BTW, I despise Phelps but I despise all these PC touchy-feely lets-make-the-freaks-something-to-celebrate types too.
The only ones I give a rats ass about are the poor kids caught up in the middle of it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#17]
It is their Constitutional right to protest. Disagree with them all you want but the second you try to silence their opinions you have essentially pissed on the first amendment.

But I do agree that they're morons. I just ignore them like you all should.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is their Constitutional right to protest. Disagree with them all you want but the second you try to silence their opinions you have essentially pissed on the first amendment.

But I do agree that they're morons. I just ignore them like you all should.

I believe they have rights too .. but I don't believe anyone has the right to protest dead soldiers' funerals like Phelps & crew are famous for.

The whole gay thing .. hey I don't agree with it on any level but don't try to push that crap off as "acceptable behavior" to our kids in school.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Catch one of them, I have a Rosebud Torch and a nut cracker waiting... As well as several bags of Lime and some shovels. Oh and a roll of plastic sheeting...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top