Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2014 10:13:15 AM EDT
Hey guys wanted to go pheasant hunting this weekend and I was gonna check out some public land spots in eastern co. Does anyone know some good spots near Boulder County? First time pheasant hunting so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I do believe the season is over
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Season ends Jan 31 east of I--25.  I don't think you will find any wild pheasant or public land to hunt in Boulder county but I admit I have never tried.  Besides, season ended Jan 5th west of I-25.  This year birds are scarce due to several years of drought. In Colorado, head North East  in the vicinity of Holyoke.  If you are willing to travel that far I highly suggest going a little further and hunt Nebraska or Kansas.  While the bird numbers are down this year you will stand a much better chance of success.  Or better yet, think about a road trip to Montana or the Dakotas.  Even in down years, those state have plenty of birds.

If you don't want to make the drive think about going to one of the many hunting preserves in Colorado.  You will know that the birds are there and you don't really need a dog.  Of course in my opinion, hunting birds without a dog just isn't fun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey guys wanted to go pheasant hunting this weekend and I was gonna check out some public land spots in eastern co. Does anyone know some good spots near Boulder County? First time pheasant hunting so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
View Quote

Do you have a dog? We went out to Holyoke, and it was shit. Hunted almost every public WIA plot in Philips and Sedgwick county. Only kicked up 2 roosters. Tried around Brush in Weld county as well, no luck.

Good luck, let us know how you do!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have a dog? We went out to Holyoke, and it was shit. Hunted almost every public WIA plot in Philips and Sedgwick county. Only kicked up 2 roosters. Tried around Brush in Weld county as well, no luck.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you found the only two birds in Colorado.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHA too bad our damn dog was acting a fool. He was 60 yards in front of us, running around having a good old time, not hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top