Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2014 7:56:24 PM EDT
Just saw this on facebook and thought i would pass the link here.

From Senator Nozzolio:
Protecting our Second Amendment rights is a profound responsibility that I have always taken very seriously. That is why, in an effort to lead the fight against Governor Cuomo’s ill-conceived gun control law, I have personally introduced legislation that would REPEAL the so-called Safe Act. My legislation, Senate Bill 5626, repeals the Safe Act but keeps intact the provision in law which mandates life without parole for anyone who murders an emergency responder.

The so-called Safe Act violates the freedoms of law-abiding gun owners, and it does little to provide real solutions to the problem of criminals who use guns to commit violent crimes in our community. You and I know that responsible, law-abiding firearms owners are not the cause of the problem, and they should not be penalized.

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/sign-petition-support-senator-nozzolios-legislation-s5626
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Done & Done
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
All done.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:29:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish the chance for repeal was possible but I don't believe it is. Look at the NYS Legislature there are 150 seats, 99 of those seats are  held by democrats. The Republicans hold 49 seats with one Independent and one seat vacant. Even if by some miracle a repeal bill was passed does anyone believe that Cuomo would sign it. Only the courts can reverse this mess, and lets hope they do.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:49:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fat chance
View Quote

Still have to try. We can't sit on the sideline and do nothing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Hit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Hit for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Done!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#10]
hit it
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:33:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Hit.

Which is better than just laying there and taking the raping.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#14]
If the gun-hating dems in the legislature embraced defeatism as often as the pro-2A side, we'd still be enjoying pre-94 gun laws here. The majority of the provisions in unSAFE can be traced back to older bills that had no shot and failed every year. In the long run, all that garbage prevailed because of perseverance. Be like the democrats - think long term and keep up the pressure.

Petition hit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If the gun-hating dems in the legislature embraced defeatism as often as the pro-2A side, we'd still be enjoying pre-94 gun laws here. The majority of the provisions in unSAFE can be traced back to older bills that had no shot and failed every year. In the long run, all that garbage prevailed because of perseverance. Be like the democrats - think long term and keep up the pressure.

Petition hit.
View Quote

No they prevailed through deception, bribery, and a desire to keep their seats. Cuomo promised them he wouldn't support their opposition, and the republicans licked his boots to keep their tenuous "majority." Wait and see how much Bloomberg money ends up in the turncoats' coffers before November. We were vigilant, but you can't beat a system that changes the rules midstream and rams it through before the public can even react. All you can do is punish them after the fact, and hope you win in the courts, because this is NEVER going away legislatively.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#18]
This is a self serving campaign ad and nothing else.
Just a "Hey, remember me?"
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hit.

Which is better than just laying there and taking the raping.  
View Quote

You know what's even better?  Donating to the NYSRPA LDF to fund the lawsuit against NYS.

Edit: I would also suggest throwing your support behind Rob Astorino for NY Governor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wish the chance for repeal was possible but I don't believe it is. Look at the NYS Legislature there are 150 seats, 99 of those seats are  held by democrats. The Republicans hold 49 seats with one Independent and one seat vacant. Even if by some miracle a repeal bill was passed does anyone believe that Cuomo would sign it. Only the courts can reverse this mess, and lets hope they do.
View Quote

And even though they are republicans many are not on our side. Look how many voted for the Safe Act
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#21]
hit.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Civil  disobedience 'til  it  hurts . With  each  passing  day  of  living  with  criminal  government , this  state  will  more  and  more  resemble  a  poorly  managed  zoo .
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There is at least one in every crowd
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fat chance

There is at least one in every crowd

Go on and lock his account!  
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No they prevailed through deception, bribery, and a desire to keep their seats. Cuomo promised them he wouldn't support their opposition, and the republicans licked his boots to keep their tenuous "majority." Wait and see how much Bloomberg money ends up in the turncoats' coffers before November. We were vigilant, but you can't beat a system that changes the rules midstream and rams it through before the public can even react. All you can do is punish them after the fact, and hope you win in the courts, because this is NEVER going away legislatively.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Petition hit.

I can't argue with that, and I agree with punishing them after the fact. This is why I still see Nozzolio's legislation as a positive, even if it won't succeed. Every petition, proposed bill, demonstration, media story and legislator speaking out serves as another public reminder of opposition and thorn in the side of those who supported unSAFE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top