Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/8/2003 9:34:30 AM EST
Is this the right form to fill out before one can purchase an AR-15?

Here's the link: http://www.dps.state.mn.us/bca/Forms/Documents/FirearmAppPurchaseTransfer.pdf

Thank you for your time
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:16:35 AM EST
Bert, the easiest thing to do is just to go to your local police station & ask for the forms because they always stock the latest forms right there. You can fill them in right there & hand them to the receptionist who will then give you a receipt & tell you that you will hear from them in a week. They will send you a card.

I've seen a post on here somewhere that your CCW permit is a substitute for that card, but I can't confirm it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:24:13 AM EST
In my home town they did NOT send it out, just like the CCW Permits, they prefer that they get picked up in person. This prevents them from getting into the wrong hands (though it's a bit more cumbersome to pick it up).
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:31:21 AM EST
Thank you both for the quick replys. I'm in a small town of 400, so hopefully they have them. I was looking at what information I needed to know beforehand to make it a more speedier process. Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:34:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:06:47 PM EST
Ive heard mixed statements about a pistol purchase for a assult rifle, well the post bans are not a aussult rifle but so some require a permit and alot dont, my aft inspector told me if it is a ar or ak lookalike then one is needed as it is mn state law not federal. but i know many dealers and manufactures that do not require this.
Top Top