Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 6:17:49 PM EDT
For the guys who have applied under the new rules, how long is it taking to get your CCW permits?

I submitted my application last Friday.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I would imagine you are looking at 2-2.5 months due to the influx of apps.  

Mine took 45 days under the old system.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I applied the first Monday the law took effect and I'm still waiting. Jodi @ Boulder County has been really good about helping the process along but even she isn't overly optimistic. Last I heard, we might be going the whole 90 days the law allows, just because of the CBI bottleneck.

I keep trying to schmooze a part-time "assistant application processor" job out of this to no avail....
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
90 days!!! DAMN!!! Is that in Boulder KeithC? I haven't been able to apply until now, Saturday if they are open, due to my poor ass college student lack of funds. That sucks, I followed the thing through the legislature like it was my child, couldn't apply when the thing came out, and now I have to wait 3 freakin' months! [>Q]

Please keep us updated guys, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I havent reapplied yet.. I'm in the middle of moving, figured I'd best wait until I know where I'm going to be at first.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
90 days!!! DAMN!!! Is that in Boulder KeithC?

Yep, Boulder county. Keep in mind, 90 days is the *longest* amount of time they can take by the new law. I haven't gotten any firm ETA on my specific application and all communication about it has been informal chit-chat with the woman running the processing for the Sheriff's office. So, some time between tomorrow and August for me.

I tell myself that we can hang on for 90 days after waiting for... how many years? And I'm glad they took my hunters' safety card (7 years old!) so I didn't have to spend even more time and money on an "approved" course before applying.

I'll holler when I get it or if I hear anything else.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Keep in mind, 90 days is the *longest* amount of time they can take by the new law.

I know, but the *maximum* that they can charge is $100. For some reason I don't really believe they are trying to cut costs and speed processing time on this one too much. 90 days just sounds so much longer when everyone has to wait that long. Oh well, at least they are taking Hunter Safety.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I got mine in 10 days (El Paso County).  I do have a C&R FFL, so that may have helped speed things up a bit.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Well it is not anywhere near 10 days in Boulder. (I miss the Springs) I just dropped mine off today and the receptionist said they would call me in a few weeks to take my fingerprints. Which I would not have minded except for the 6 or 7 employees standing around and doing nothing.

Don't forget that El Paso is just a great place for guns. Boulder not so much.

It seems to me that if one county can get it done in 10 days that another county taking 90 is unacceptable.

Thanks Wagon.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well it is not anywhere near 10 days in Boulder. (I miss the Springs) I just dropped mine off today and the receptionist said they would call me in a few weeks to take my fingerprints. Which I would not have minded except for the 6 or 7 employees standing around and doing nothing.

Don't forget that El Paso is just a great place for guns. Boulder not so much.
Wow! I thought JeffCo was bad, but they took my prints when we turned in our applications. I do have a Curio FFL, so hopefully that will work for me.
They didn't take my picture yet. I guess that will happen when I get my CCW.

It seems to me that if one county can get it done in 10 days that another county taking 90 is unacceptable.

Thanks Wagon.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Rickyj, I didn't mean to burst your bubble .

I printed all the CCW permit packets you get from the EPSO (we have a working relationship with other Government entities, I work for the City).  Maybe they gave me preferential treatment.  We had to do another run of packets when the new laws went into effect.  Kinda funny a pro-gun person printed all the CCW packets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top