Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 11:48:06 PM EDT
I drive past this truck every damn day at all hours.  It hasn't moved in ~6 weeks or more.  It's parked in a closed up gas station on the SE corner of EDITED OUT.  Just wonder if one of you can check the plate and make sure it isn't stolen or something.  If it were mine, I'd hope someone was looking out for it...

Edited out location, I hadn't thought through the possibility that it could get stolen now, if the wrong person sees this post.

LEOs, PM me for location if anything interesting pops up on it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#1]
According to this, it's not stolen.  That's also assuming I'm reading the tag correctly as 948-ZAR?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

According to this, it's not stolen.  That's also assuming I'm reading the tag correctly as 948-ZAR?

You read it right.  Interesting website, and seems like a really bad idea..

Now I know that if I steal a car, I can check that website every time before I take the car out for a spin.  I'll know what the cops know..

I also know that this particular vehicle is free for the taking, since it's abandoned but not stolen....

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You read it right.  Interesting website, and seems like a really bad idea..

Now I know that if I steal a car, I can check that website every time before I take the car out for a spin.  I'll know what the cops know..

I also know that this particular vehicle is free for the taking, since it's abandoned but not stolen....

Shit, you're on to me!!!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe the owner is trying to hide it from the repo man.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh thats a "Bait car"....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Oh thats a "Bait car"....

Quoted:

Maybe the owner is trying to hide it from the repo man.

either one of those scenarios––Maybe.  But for it to have been in the same place for soooo long.  It makes ya wonder.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
If you call Peoria non-emergency it will be gone in two days( if its not theirs..:) ). That website is good, an LEO shouldn't run things like that on the MDC without being there.
If that thing came up stolen, dispatch is going to come up and want action right then and status of vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you call Peoria non-emergency it will be gone in two days( if its not theirs..:) ). That website is good, an LEO shouldn't run things like that on the MDC without being there.

If that thing came up stolen, dispatch is going to come up and want action right then and status of vehicle.

That was why I originally had the location listed and was seeking a Peoria officer.  I figured they could just drive by and check it out.  I realized posting the location might possibly be a bad idea.  

I'll call non-emergency one of these days and see what they say.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top