Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2003 3:21:08 AM EDT
Am interested in going to one or more of the November-December shows scheduled for Allentown. One of our group was very impressed with the
Knife and Gun Show in the Philadelphia Armory last weekend. We found the Middletown, NY show to be very crowded with few good deals on ammo.  (Philly even had SA 5.56) Can anyone give me an idea as to comparing Middletown or Philadelphia to the following Allentown shows regarding selection (ammunition, ARs, cleaning supplies) number of tables, etc:

Guns & Militaria Days Inn Center Nov 15-17

Antique and Modern Arms Agriculture Hall Dec6-7

Gun & Knife Lehigh Valley Expo Center Dec 27-28

Rocko on the PA board was quite helpful, and really talked up the Harrisburg show, but I am still trying to get a point of comparison with Middletown or Philadelphia and the Allentown shows.  Thanks
Art
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The Middletown show never impressed me as much as the show in Syracuse. I go to the Middletown show because it is a 5 min ride. The Middletown show is best for hunting rifles and is for the people from the city, they do not have to much AR stuff, there was only one dealer who specalized in AR stuff. Had quite a collection.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The Middletown show's...eh, ok. The main ammo dealer at most of the shows in the area is usually there...he doesn't have stellar pricing, but it's a lot better than you'll find at any of the commericial stores in the area.

The AR table guy mentioned above...ugh. He has a lot of interesting things, and all of it is horribly overpriced. He makes his money on people who truly don't know any better.

Last several times I was there, he had an original AR180 with its scope...something that goes on gunbroker for maybe 1200, tops. He had a placard on it that siad it was the RARE SNIPER VERSION, and he wanted 1900 for it. That's roughly par for his table...

I haven'tbeen to the albany or syracuse shows in years, since I was a little kid. I guess I should head to them and check it out...
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
But has anyone hit the PA shows recently?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top