Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:56:20 AM EDT
Hey guys.   I am a member at Pelham F&G Pelham, NH.  If  any of you are interested, we are having a Full auto shoot on Sunday April 9, 2006.  Qualfying  will be from noon to 1:00 PM.  The shoot will start at 1:00 PM.  Some targets can only be engaged by pistol calibers.  Others are fine for both rifle and pistol calibers.  We normally have a FA shoot the second weekend per month from April to November.

You don't have to own a FA firearm to go to the shoot.  Either bring or buy some ammo there.  There are normally several FA firearms there to qualify with.  Mostly 9mm because it is cheaper to shoot and easier on the targets.  If you want to you can shoot my M16 in .22lr, 9mm, .223, or 7.62X39.  Hope to see you there.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey I was going to join Pelham F&G soon. I was considering joining Nashua just because they offered a little more, but Pelham is way easier to get to for me. Ill try to stop by and visit.

BTW Scott I did get your email(thanks for the offer) about offering advise on buying an M16, but Ive been busy with all kinds of shit to even pursue that avenue. Unfortunately the wife has my profit from a rather large side job I am doing pretty much spent. Damn these wives!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to attend one last fall that mysteriously didn't happen as far as I can tell.  I mailed the guy in charge of it from the link on the website, never heard back, and never saw any pics posted or saw it appear on the schedule in the end.

I have gone to one of the IPSC days they've run there.  They put alot of work into setting up obstacles and courses.

I may show up depending on family circumstances.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I swear you guys arrange these things when I am at work....ya, know I'm not an asshole...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there a webiste for the location?  Cost to get in if not shooting?  I don't know that I can make the trip from Burlington but I could try to throw it out there to the wife.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The Pelham website is http://www.pelhamfishandgame.com/ withe the link to Class III on the left hand side. Pelham will be having a "Buffet Breakfast -- Main Clubhouse --- --- 8:00 am" which would be a good time to stop by to see about membership.

Early last year the shoots were with subguns. The shooter would start with 30rd in the mag. with the gun in fullauto, you would have to knock down five bowling pins, and then dump the remainder of the mag into a paper target in a contiuous burst. Your total rounds in the center would be your score. A timer was used for breaking a tie.

The last couple shoots has been four shooting positions with verious targets. You could bring a couple of mags with you to the line with a cold gun. On command, load and make ready and commence fire. After everyone was finished, a cease fire command is given and everone would make their wepon cold, reinstall a block in the ejection port, and bring their firearms back to the tables. After the firearms were removed the targets would be reset.

I think we went to more of a "Blast away" set up because of time. With the paper target and timer, the most I have seen was two shooters at a time. With somewhere around 25 shooters, it would take quite a while between your times at the line. It was fun to have a goal to shoot for, but you would only shoot 30rds every hour or so with three chances at the line. The shoot would end and then we would have a four position line with verious targets.

As far as cost, if you aren't shooting $0.00.  If you want to shoot, bring some ammo, or buy it there.  We all usually throw in $5.00 to cover targets.  There has been shoots that have gotten rained out.  They have done some work to help drainage.  It used to be that the range would fill with water and be closed.  Hopfully that is in the past.  Hope to see you there.

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top