Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:08:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/12/2012 12:11:12 PM EST by AZ_Gun_Nut]
In case it hasn't been posted on this forum yet.

Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-tennessee-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/7xsNwkJ8

Copy and paste, I can't seem to get the hyperlink to work.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:17:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 5:53:49 PM EST
About time. What is that, 16 or 17 now?

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 7:07:00 PM EST
20-something, according to the 10 o'clock news tonight.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:26:45 AM EST
I would think that adding your name to that wouldn't be too smart. I'd think these would be the first folks that'll be rounded up & disappeared. The govt won't just forget these names.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:42:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By GRATIOFLASH:
I would think that adding your name to that wouldn't be too smart. I'd think these would be the first folks that'll be rounded up & disappeared. The govt won't just forget these names.

This

OPSEC

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 1:55:05 PM EST
Also, by signing your name to a document advocating secession, couldn't you hypothetically be labeled a threat & have your ability to own firearms taken away?
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:07:11 PM EST
Also, by signing your name to a document advocating secession, couldn't you hypothetically be labeled a threat & have your ability to own firearms taken away?

bingo
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:15:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By resq2106:
About time. What is that, 16 or 17 now?

Votes or states?
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:27:55 PM EST
There is now a petition calling for those that signed that want to secede to lose their citizenship, rights, & to be deported. I'd link, but I'm on mobile. It's on the Drudge.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 3:46:29 PM EST
There is now a petition calling for those that signed that want to secede to lose their citizenship, rights, & to be deported. I'd link, but I'm on mobile. It's on the Drudge.

Like I said in GD....I'm sure it started out as some butthurt people trying to make a statement, then grew into something a lot of people are surprisingly serious about. Now it's turned into a mockery since it's been in the mainstream news.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:04:00 PM EST

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:11:37 PM EST
Even if it happened and was peaceful, the citizens that leave would have assume their portion of the national debt, $52,000 each. That could bancrupt a state like TN. TN's debt would be over $330 billion. They won't let anyone go for free.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:22:42 PM EST
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Even if it happened and was peaceful, the citizens that leave would have assume their portion of the national debt, $52,000 each. That could bancrupt a state like TN. TN's debt would be over $330 billion. They won't let anyone go for free.

That's what keeps stopping the movement to split Canada. Apparently, the liberals want to push the debt off onto the conservatives.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:34:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/13/2012 4:36:51 PM EST by JPN]

What are the odds that those signing that petition (the one to revoke citizenship and deport), would object to illegal aliens being treated in a similar manner?
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 3:47:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By JPN:

What are the odds that those signing that petition (the one to revoke citizenship and deport), would object to illegal aliens being treated in a similar manner?

Hell they're probably illegal themselves!
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:59:18 AM EST
Pretty high JPN.
I disagree with secession. In the War Between The States, Lincoln called for an army to invade the South. It was until that moment, that Tennessee had yet to secede. If a similar event happened, then I would be on board, but hundreds of thousands of brave patriots gave their lives to protect and preserve this union, so I absolutely support the union. The divide among this country is very disconcerting though, & growing more so by the day.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 6:28:19 AM EST
...mebbee time to work "under the radar?"
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 3:59:32 PM EST
Pretty high JPN.
I disagree with secession. In the War Between The States, Lincoln called for an army to invade the South. It was until that moment, that Tennessee had yet to secede. If a similar event happened, then I would be on board, but hundreds of thousands of brave patriots gave their lives to protect and preserve this union, so I absolutely support the union. The divide among this country is very disconcerting though, & growing more so by the day.

The whole point of the revolution was to make a nation that could rise up and shed the yoke of tyranny off their backs and live free. If the country is headed in that direction then you would be doing those hundreds of thousands a disservice by not supporting it. Blindly supporting a union that is growing weaker every day via corruption and slander out of blind patriotism will be very useful to the tyrant. I believe things can be turned around, but its near the point of impossibility at this time.

I believe Lincoln was right in his particular situation, but by doing so, he also destroyed a fundamental right our nation was built upon. You either agree with him, or you agree with Jefferson.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:31:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/16/2012 2:31:59 PM EST by AZ_Gun_Nut]
I'm not afraid to put my name to a petition... the ATF know who I am... I have a C&R FFL so I'm already a target, not to mention how many hundreds of 4473's I've filled out over the course of 30 some odd years as well as having been an 03 FFL dealer for several years. Come and try to take them... that's all I can say. You may think you're riding under the radar but they already know you because you post on forums such as these. They have already back tracked your IP address to your home and got you in their database. Don't kid yourselves.

I'm all for secession if it fixes the problem!
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:57:28 PM EST
To add to this topic: I am a "White, Male, Heterosexual, Christian" and I've got rights. Those rights are being stripped from us daily. If you are a believer in God then you should not have anything to fear because they can't take the most important thing away from you... your soul.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

I see a lot of people that beat their chests and say this and that.. but when the chips are on the table everyone runs and hides in the shadows. Me... I will stand and shake my fist at them and say "come get some!".
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:13:16 AM EST
Anyone have a black helicopter we can use to follow around the OP?

OP - this is stupid. Instead od suggesting that people sign an absolutely useless, worthless petition which means and does nothing, there is better advice to be offered. Take care of yourself, take care of your family, work in your community and with your legislators to bring about positive change every day, not just the 6 months before election day.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:28:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2012 4:31:27 AM EST by gotigers]
Originally Posted By rgaper:
Anyone have a black helicopter we can use to follow around the OP?

OP - this is stupid. Instead od suggesting that people sign an absolutely useless, worthless petition which means and does nothing, there is better advice to be offered. Take care of yourself, take care of your family, work in your community and with your legislators to bring about positive change every day, not just the 6 months before election day.

This, well said.

Edit: I think we are all disappointed in the half of our country that is ignorant, but i still love this country and will be the best American i can be.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:04:04 AM EST
Sounds like a bunch of 17 year olds telling their parents that they are moving out, without thinking about things a job and paying all the bills (rent, insurance, food, utilities, etc.)
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:32:21 AM EST
Anybody think that this is a rather extreme overreaction? If states were allowed to secede every time an election went against someone's wishes, there wouldn't be any country left. We don't need to contribute to the balkanization of this country, fragmenting it into 50 irrelevant nation states.

As others have already said: if you're frustrated at the results of the election, channel your frustration into meaningful pursuits. If you think the country is becoming too liberal, then make an effort to talk to a liberal, and use facts and logic to show them why they're wrong. Be polite. Be sure of your facts. Be firm.

Of course there will be many liberals who won't be convinced no matter what you do. But make a difference where and when you can.This year, I've taken three liberal co-workers shooting for the first time in their lives, because I wanted to show them that guns aren't evil death machines that will kill their children. All of them enjoyed it, and one is now shopping for her first firearm. I don't know that I made any new Republicans or Libertarians out of them, but they're not afraid of guns anymore, and that's a step in the right direction.

Please, let's improve the union, not fragment it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:38:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2012 10:39:56 PM EST by AZ_Gun_Nut]
Secession most likely will never happen, although Texas was on its own before and has the right to separate if they choose to do so. Also, I think the states that chose and did secede would form up and become a new nation just as the Confederate states did.

Anyway... there really isn't much we can do at this point but just pray and see how things turn out. The election was stolen, so much voter fraud happened that it's ridiculous that it hasn't been investigated. But the clowns in power in DC think they are above the law and as we have been seeing for the past 4 years, they are getting away with it.

Yes you're right, take care of your families and your community. However I do seriously think that they will come knocking on doors and probably not in a polite way to take our guns and our freedom, what little we have left anyway.

This is not the rant of some teenager but the rant of an Veteran that is sickened by what has become of his country that he shed blood for. Do not mistake my disdain for our government as a lack of love for our Country... I would fight and if necessary die to protect and preserve the United States of America. Hopefully some of you chest beaters can say the same and back those words up if/when the time comes!

In God we trust!
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:57:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:42:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By Hank:
I don't think the election was stolen- I think that he won fair and square.

Panem et Circenses.

He won, because the majority of the news media refused to acknowledge anything that would make him look bad.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:20:08 AM EST

Panem et Circenses.

He won, because the majority of the news media refused to acknowledge anything that would make him look bad.

He won because a majority of voters voted for him.

We're in a new age where "news" isn't news, it's entertainment, and news doesn't get reported just at 6pm on ABC, NBC, and CBS, it gets reported every second by tens of thousands on Twitter and YouTube and Facebook. If you need proof, take a look at the latest where the IDF and Hamas are tweeting at each other. The right hasn't figured out this game. They also have not courted the Hispanic population which turned out in a huge way in this election, and clearly they need to rethink their standing with single women and gays.

This all said Obama didn't steal the election. Obama didn't win the election. Romney LOST the election.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:26:32 AM EST

Panem et Circenses.

I believe there was lots of fraud. Enough to win, i don't know. The Dems always cheat. Why do you think they are against voter ID.

Cheating, Sandy, Christie slobbering days before the election, Union ground game, Media bias and the Free Stuff Army all contributed to Obama's win.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 4:32:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By rgaper:

Panem et Circenses.

He won because a majority of voters voted for him.

We're in a new age where "news" isn't news, it's entertainment, and news doesn't get reported just at 6pm on ABC, NBC, and CBS, it gets reported every second by tens of thousands on Twitter and YouTube and Facebook. If you need proof, take a look at the latest where the IDF and Hamas are tweeting at each other. The right hasn't figured out this game. They also have not courted the Hispanic population which turned out in a huge way in this election, and clearly they need to rethink their standing with single women and gays.

This all said Obama didn't steal the election. Obama didn't win the election. Romney LOST the election.

Forget the gays. That is just 3% of the populations. I wouldn't insult them, but the evangelicals would never vote for a pro gay candidate. The GOP need the evangelicals.

Rubio should have been the VP choice. That would have helped with the Hispanics. Rubio is already running for 2016. He has a very good shot.

The GOP is way behind the social media curve. They also need to get a candidate training system. The Dems teach their candidates how to talk. Also they need to be able to distribute talking points faster. All the dems can be on the same page in minutes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:40:38 PM EST
Don't forget, every gay has at least two bffs who are girls who listen to everything they say, so that margin is wider than some think.

And I'm not going to put some token (insert race here) just to secure a vote. Rubio is good not because his family is from Cuba, he's good because he does the right thing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:23:15 AM EST
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:
Don't forget, every gay has at least two bffs who are girls who listen to everything they say, so that margin is wider than some think.

And I'm not going to put some token (insert race here) just to secure a vote. Rubio is good not because his family is from Cuba, he's good because he does the right thing.

I agree. "forget the gays" was the wrong phrase. However, running on a pro-gay platform won't work in the primaries.

I liked Rubio before. I thought he was the best choice for VP. He is a little softer than i like on immigration, but i am not a one issue voter. His stance on immigration is to be expected. I think his ethnic background helps. We can't ignore the hispanic population anymore. I like Ryan, but Romney/Ryan were just "two more white guys" to a big part of the population. It shouldn't matter, but to 30 million voters it does matter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:53:58 AM EST

I agree. "forget the gays" was the wrong phrase. However, running on a pro-gay platform won't work in the primaries.

I liked Rubio before. I thought he was the best choice for VP. He is a little softer than i like on immigration, but i am not a one issue voter. His stance on immigration is to be expected. I think his ethnic background helps. We can't ignore the hispanic population anymore. I like Ryan, but Romney/Ryan were just "two more white guys" to a big part of the population. It shouldn't matter, but to 30 million voters it does matter.

As I recall, the democrats were expecting Gore to win the hispanic vote, just because he was a democrat. Gore went to (I think) Florida, gave a campaign speech to the hispanic voters, and threw in a few Spanish sentences that he had memorized. Then Bush went to Florida and started speaking in Spanish. Best I can remember, the reaction of the democrats was
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:41:01 PM EST

Late to the party but Durka roughly made the point I was going to. It's not about the 3% vote of the gay population, it's about turning a larger group of voters away who see the GOP as a group of old white guys. This position also pits the celebs and colleges against the GOP. You spelled out the problem... The evangelicals won't tolerate a more moderate approach that is in line with the times. Social issues are a huge problem for the GOP. There are a shit ton of voters who vote Democrat simply due to the gay and abortion stuff. It's a losing battle for the GOP and they need to figure it out.

Top Top