Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/20/2004 7:49:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:13:35 PM EST
It's kind of hard to explain, but if you want Heysoos and I are going out there and Friday (8/27) if you want to go along and get the lay of the land.

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:35:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:55:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
Sounds good. I'll meet you there.

meet where? It's the size of a lot of counties out east!

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:06:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:12:39 PM EST
At I-25 and highway 14{Mullberry},take highway 14 due east,go through Ault,and continue on for about 8-10 miles,the road is really straight for about that distance,then it starts to curve south.At the point it starts turning south,look to your left,you will see a dirt road,and a sign that clearly states Pawnee National Grass lands.you want to take that dirt road north,right after the first yellow sign on your right,you will turn right on another dirt road,you will be headed due east.Maybe a 1/2 mile and you will come to the first place to shoot on your right,it will say private property.Or you can continue on east until you come to the bottom of the hill and on your right will be another private property spot to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:27:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Apatriot:
At I-25 and highway 14{Mullberry},take highway 14 due east,go through Ault,and continue on for about 8-10 miles,the road is really straight for about that distance,then it starts to curve south.At the point it starts turning south,look to your left,you will see a dirt road,and a sign that clearly states Pawnee National Grass lands.you want to take that dirt road north,right after the first yellow sign on your right,you will turn right on another dirt road,you will be headed due east.Maybe a 1/2 mile and you will come to the first place to shoot on your right,it will say private property.Or you can continue on east until you come to the bottom of the hill and on your right will be another private property spot to shoot.

Just curious because I'm might go here sometimes to shoot if I can, why does it say Private Property in the Nat'l Grasslands? Is this a private citizen's / someone's property or is it the Government's?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:28:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By kensteele:

Originally Posted By Apatriot:

Just curious because I'm might go here sometimes to shoot if I can, why does it say Private Property in the Nat'l Grasslands? Is this a private citizen's / someone's property or is it the Government's?

The land is either leased land for grazing, which they can post, or it is actually privately owned land. A lot of private land is interspersed with the USFS land.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:15:11 PM EST
It is posted private.But public shooting is allowed by the owners.Just do one thing before you start shooting.drive the perimeter roads ,and make sure there are no people walking around,they do quite a bit,without knowing there are shooting areas right around them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:47:33 PM EST
Top Top