Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:24:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 9:25:00 AM EDT by lockedandloaded]
Now his intestines arent functioning. If he passes away, will it be Mary O. Donohue, Lieutenant Governor, who fills in for the rest of his term?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:53:20 AM EDT
How is this Donohue re: guns? Better or worse than Pataxincrease?

Do we root for him to recover or sunset like the NYS AWB should have?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:02:44 AM EDT
He was moved to the New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center this morning. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:36:14 AM EDT
Fuck him, traitor.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:20:59 PM EDT
He fooked us in 2000 but hasn't pushed any further anti-gun legislation through the legislature since then. I suspect that sometime in 2007 we'll be wishing Pataki was still in office.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:26:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:
He fooked us in 2000 but hasn't pushed any further anti-gun legislation through the legislature since then. I suspect that sometime in 2007 we'll be wishing Pataki was still in office.

Yeah, but still, that was a bad one....that day he became my enemy. I rarely have sympathy for those I consider my enemy.

I have no doubt you are correct about 2007. I am very worried. I would hate to leave this state, my job, and my friends, but I am afraid of what it will become.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:27:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By maddog_enigma:

Thats a good one!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:29:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:
Fuck him, traitor.....

As much as it pains me (OK, not really), gotta +1 this comment. Wish him a speedy recovery when you see the things you can't do or buy that others in a more free state CAN do due to legislation he supported and signed. And know that the odds are those unconstitutional laws will likely never be overturned barring a huge political shakeup (yeah right).

I'm sure the Indians who aren't paying taxes (as they are obligated to do BY law, unenforced by Elmer) are sending him flowers, at least.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:34:25 PM EDT

other than wanting to raise pistol permit fees by a ton and make them expire every 5 years
scopeny.org/pataki2.html

I hope he recovers, but he's far from a gun owner's friend
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:17:37 PM EDT
I knew they were spinning like crazy when they talked about him walking around right after the
operation and him doing the States business like he was putting in a full days work everyday.

Eliot Spitzer will not be our friend.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:03:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:32:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:

Originally Posted By maddog_enigma:

Thats a good one!

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:37:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:16:33 AM EDT
HiramRanger, the whole he is man father etc. -- when some law abiding citizen accidentally purchases an "assault weapon" consisting of an AR15 with a flash hider, and then goes to jail for 3-8 years destroying his and his family's life, will Pataki have sympathy for his suffering under his unjust law?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:49:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sharky30:

other than wanting to raise pistol permit fees by a ton and make them expire every 5 years
scopeny.org/pataki2.html

I hope he recovers, but he's far from a gun owner's friend

Yeah, but he din't push for it like he did in 2000.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:55:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
HiramRanger, the whole he is man father etc. -- when some law abiding citizen accidentally purchases an "assault weapon" consisting of an AR15 with a flash hider, and then goes to jail for 3-8 years destroying his and his family's life, will Pataki have sympathy for his suffering under his unjust law?

+ a billion
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:38:11 AM EDT

Well said. These people make it harder & harder for me to defend whats mine & I'm to have sympathy? Ha, Ha, Ha.... No sympathy here. -Justin(Appendectomy Survivor)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:53:03 AM EDT

+1 billion.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:10:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:33:27 AM EDT
To those from the area, no matter how they try to spin it, it is still known as Peekskill Hospital! Its not the Cotrlandt care center, or Cortlandt birthing center, it is Peekskill Hospital where much is botched and half assed!

When I first heard the reports I asked why? He can pick any location in NY why in the world would he pick Peekskill Hospital??

Thats all I have to say about that, not much value add to the thread but it had to be said.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:16:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 6:45:37 AM EDT by SP10]

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
I guess asking you to be the bigger person is wasted breath. Wish him ill if you desire, I think that speaks more to your character than anything else, and quite honestly... having known many of you for awhile, this really surprises me.

Give me a break Mike.

I have no love for people who screw me and the Constitution. I'm not particularly "wishing him ill," but I'm certainly not cheering for his full recovery so he can go on to screw us again.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:25:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:43:09 AM EDT

Thanks for completely missing the point and attempting to obscure it with a personal attack.

and you were throwing roses at us with your character comment?

The issue isn't what you think about the policies of the Governor. I will not defend those policies as I don't agree with them either. The issue is wishing ill upon another person because you don't agree with him. If you can't find it in your heart to feel sympathy for someone who is sick, what can I say... that is under the circumstances understandable. But when you wish someone dead, that isn't isolated to that person. You would leave a wife widowed, children fatherless and the worst of all... a parent outliving their child. That is where my sympathy comes in.

Dead? Where exactly did I say that? Where did ANYONE say that in this thread

To each their own.

Sorry Mike, you won't see me sending the back-stabing SOB any get-well card. He has caused likely irreversible damage to our Second-Amendment rights. You reap what you sow.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:16:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:45:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By taelil:
When I first heard the reports I asked why? He can pick any location in NY why in the world would he pick Peekskill Hospital??

Could have been worse; he could have been in the area of West Point and been atttended to by Dr "W" at Keller.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:00:16 AM EDT

And who do we have to blame for that... its not just the Governor... its Bruno, Silver and all their members on BOTH sides of the aisle that vote like sheep in support of what their leadership tells them to do. Truly independent minded legislators are a near extinct species. Unfortunately most New Yorkers have the mentality that there are 211 legislators in Albany and 209 are bums... everyone except their senator and assemblyman.

Hey Hiram - Couldnt agree more, this State has a bunch of drones on both sides of the isle.
Top Top