Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2007 8:01:00 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 10:12:04 AM EST
How does that GS compared to the George R Brown shows? Size of show and availability of AR parts?
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 3:31:50 PM EST
what kind of lowers will you have ?
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 3:51:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By Einstein:
How does that GS compared to the George R Brown shows? Size of show and availability of AR parts?

Its about 1/2 the size of the George Brown shows.
But the selection is about the same. The Brown shows have twice as much, of the same stuff.

Personally, I like the Pasadena show better, and they have free parking.

Link Posted: 10/1/2007 4:54:27 PM EST
Time to stock up on jerky.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 5:58:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Roger3:

Originally Posted By Einstein:

Its about 1/2 the size of the George Brown shows.
But the selection is about the same. The Brown shows have twice as much, of the same stuff.

Personally, I like the Pasadena show better, and they have free parking.

+1 on all that.
prices can be better. people are more likely to haggle.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:00:48 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:00:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:11:33 AM EST
The last Pasadena show was very good. Seemed to have more tables, but some of them were in a side room on the left.

The Ammo Guy is always there, so it will be interesting to see what the prices are like. BTW, I have 2 cases of Black Hills red box 55 gr I am taking to the show to sell or trade.

Jerky is not too bad either...
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 6:26:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2007 6:27:33 AM EST by schuh]
I've been thinking about getting a Colt LE6920. Would the Pasadena show have vendors who carry Colts?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:09:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By schuh:
I've been thinking about getting a Colt LE6920. Would the Pasadena show have vendors who carry Colts?

Can't recall seeing any at the last show, but there might have been. But, I doubt you could do better than buying one from Gunbroker.com. Those dealers with the long tables full of guns normally don't offer great deals to begin with. Buy smart and then buy more ammo.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 3:03:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By schuh:

AJC should have one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:47:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 8:06:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By roseco:

Originally Posted By 47Under:
what kind of lowers will you have ?

Rock River, Armalite, Bushmaster, Stag Arms, High Standard and some Double Star pistols.

Any chance you could hold on to a Rock River Arms stripped lower receiver for me? I'm going to come by the show on Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:11:53 PM EST
Got a good deal on a eotech 511 from sogarmory. I've always gotten good deals from them. They always seem to have what I need.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:40:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By mainline007:
Got a good deal on a eotech 511 from sogarmory. I've always gotten good deals from them. They always seem to have what I need.

That would be a first. I cruised by thier booth and saw some of the prices and kept on walking. Picked up a MIAD grip and bigger CH latch from Robbie.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:10:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2007 8:13:29 PM EST by Falar]

Originally Posted By Messiah:

Originally Posted By mainline007:

That would be a first. I cruised by thier booth and saw some of the prices and kept on walking. Picked up a MIAD grip and bigger CH latch from Robbie.

I saw a table trying to sell USGI mags for $30, and I'm pretty sure it was them. For the most part it seems that gun shows are the same as gun stores now, you just can't beat the prices you can get online.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:23:49 PM EST
eotech 511 for 350 out the door if u know of a better price let me know(thats in stock)
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:48:10 PM EST
Like I said, that's a first. I was looking at the Magpul stocks and they had the PRS for 270 and the CTR for 129.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:18:26 AM EST
I bought a case of 5000 CCI #41 primers for 120 dollars. It was her last one.
she had maybe four of the #34s still in stock.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:26:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:54:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2007 5:27:59 AM EST by MMcfpd]

Originally Posted By Iraqninja:
The Ammo Guy is always there, so it will be interesting to see what the prices are like.

I don't know if you meant Big Dogs Ammo or not, but they weren't there.

Yesterday I was putting together a lower and discovered the Stag LPK I bought 6 months or so ago didn't have a trigger guard, so I went by the show to see what I might find. SOG Armory had a Magpul trigger guard for $26.95 (list price is $19.95). Eventually I found the Magpul for $19.95 from a vendor on the opposite side of the front wall from Lone Star (don't know who - brunette gal with glasses and AR goodies). Might've done better online, but it was a NOW kind of thing.

As I pulled in I noticed, not too far away, a banking turn being made at low altitude by...a B-29!

ETA - to specify Magpul trigger guard
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:36:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By MMcfpd:

Originally Posted By Iraqninja:
The Ammo Guy is always there, so it will be interesting to see what the prices are like.

I don't know if you meant Big Dogs Ammo or not, but they weren't there.

Yesterday I was putting together a lower and discovered the Stag LPK I bought 6 months or so ago didn't have a trigger guard, so I went by the show to see what I might find. SOG Armory had a Magpul trigger guard for $26.95 (list price is $19.95). Eventually I found the Magpul for $19.95 from a vendor on the opposite side of the front wall from Lone Star (don't know who - brunette gal with glasses and AR goodies). Might've done better online, but it was a NOW kind of thing.

As I pulled in I noticed, not too far away, a banking turn being made at low altitude by...a B-29!

ETA - to specify Magpul trigger guard

Wings over Houston airshow FTW.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:48:49 AM EST

...Yesterday I was putting together a lower and discovered the Stag LPK I bought 6 months or so ago didn't have a trigger guard, so I went by the show to see what I might find. SOG Armory had a Magpul trigger guard for $26.95 (list price is $19.95). Eventually I found the Magpul for $19.95 from a vendor on the opposite side of the front wall from Lone Star (don't know who - brunette gal with glasses and AR goodies). Might've done better online, but it was a NOW kind of thing.

You are most welcome :)

And just a FYI, we were NOT the vendor with overpriced CTR's and PRS Stocks, that was Some Other Guys.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:47:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jen:

...Yesterday I was putting together a lower and discovered the Stag LPK I bought 6 months or so ago didn't have a trigger guard, so I went by the show to see what I might find. SOG Armory had a Magpul trigger guard for $26.95 (list price is $19.95). Eventually I found the Magpul for $19.95 from a vendor on the opposite side of the front wall from Lone Star (don't know who - brunette gal with glasses and AR goodies). Might've done better online, but it was a NOW kind of thing.

You are most welcome :)

And just a FYI, we were NOT the vendor with overpriced CTR's and PRS Stocks, that was Some Other Guys.

animosity! seek it out. expose it. who could these dastardly dooers be?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:11:02 PM EST
I don't like the 512 its just me though. What could you do on the 511 or 551?
Top Top